mitsi lancer ex. RIMS DONT FIT WTF!!

slydee33

just bought some rims for my lancer.

they are 16" X 7", with an offset of 35mm (it is written on the rim). the rear fit sweet but the front wont fit because they hit the bottom part of the strut that keeps the spring captive. i thought EX lancers have an offset of 35mm so im f**kin pissed off that these dont fit. Does anyone know why this is happening because I know EX's can run 17" SA15 with an offset of 35mm no problem. what would happen if i used sigma front struts would the solve my problem? or is spacers my only option?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

EX run approx +32mm of offset for the factory 5" wide rims. When you put rims which are an inch wider each side, then move it a further 3mm towards the strut its no surprise it will foul. Is the actual rim hitting the strut or the tyre hitting the strut? If its the tyre then perhaps try a more narrow width with smaller profile (ie 195/50, 205/45 etc). If +35mm 17x7 SA15s fit then +35mm 16x7s should fit also. Perhaps the SA15s were 6.5" wide or some other weak width which Advantis commonly come in.

At the end of the day if you're going to be running 7"+ wide rims you really want an offset in the 0-20mm range.

I'm running 16x7 (front) on my Ex

with a +25mm offset and 195/45/16 tyre (using Starion front struts)

Any "higher" offset will bring the wheel closer to the strut

and anything lower than about +15 (for a 7in rim) will sit outside the factory gaurd

and will need mods to the gaurd to fit/clear

(so spacers, or different wheels) :wink:

yea 7s is pretty well much the max width you can fit up front on em

im not guna argue with fuel but +35 is way too positive for a 7 inch wide rim on a ex (5s may be a different story)

it aint guna fit no way, will foul on the strut and the sa15s either wernt +35 or they had spacers

ex's need circa +20 like pretty well much all macpherson strut rwd cars from the 70s and 80s

with adjustable suspension the threaded sleeves and springs sit way down lower on the strut than usual coils so if anything you will find the wheels will foul more with coilovers - my stock 14x5.5 +32mm steels with 195/70 R14s fouled on the coilover springs after I did the conversion.

with adjustable suspension the threaded sleeves and springs sit way down lower on the strut than usual coils so if anything you will find the wheels will foul more with coilovers - my stock 14x5.5 +32mm steels with 195/70 R14s fouled on the coilover springs after I did the conversion.

same here

had to change my rims cos of it :doubt:

same here

I guess it depends on what size spring you run maybe. Ive got adjustables in my lancer with starion struts and im pretty sure my 17" rims didnt foul the spring or adjusting nuts. But they did hit the struts without spacers.

same here

I guess it depends on what size spring you run maybe. Ive got adjustables in my lancer with starion struts and im pretty sure my 17" rims didnt foul the spring or adjusting nuts. But they did hit the struts without spacers.

obviously ive still got 17s on there now

there just 40 offset rather than 45 (which is fuckin fwd anyways)

Epic fail!!! tried to fit the rims back on with 7mm spacers then adde3d a 5mm spacer. the wall of the tyre still rubs on shocks. time to try some 195 x 16 tyres. is there such thing as a 195/40/16 tyre? maybe just have to try a 195 with a 50 profile.