Wo0kies rode bike/ fixie project

Wo0kie

Look at 1st photo, that last one the frame is upside down, looks like there should be almost enough adjustment in the dropouts to tension a chain.

Would have expected more on an old bike like this though.

Good shit though, I need to get my act together and decide what to do on my bikes.

fuck i wana bike.

i was riding around on thses mean old peugeot race bikes the other day. so light you can lift with one finger. they had no brakes so was kind of scary

i think they were for like valodrome racing or something.

leather seats with some guys name on the back.

was awesome.

/how much are peugeot bikes worth?

definatly going to grind off cable guides, and last time i checked the dynamo was working, but you have to be going at pace to get anything worthwhile.

i think ill see if i can get tension on th chain with what its got now, im all about doing minimal work lol

definatly going to grind off cable guides, and last time i checked the dynamo was working, but you have to be going at pace to get anything worthwhile.

i think ill see if i can get tension on th chain with what its got now, im all about doing minimal work lol

Dude, those drop outs are sweet for tension, you wont have a problem. What ever you do, though, don't use quick release on the back, get a solid axle.

As for the peugeot bike... if it is really a proper track bike then I might be worth maybe,,, $3-400 for the frame alone. Couldn't say about the bike with out knowing the components. Is there one for sale?

nah we had em at work for a tua da france promo. borrowed them off some customer.

Where do you work?

Also Wo0kie, the main thing you have to be wary of is that the chainline is relatively straight otherwise it can jump off, not a good thing to happen on a fixed gear.

nah we had em at work for a tua da france promo. borrowed them off some customer.

Where do you work?

Also Wo0kie, the main thing you have to be wary of is that the chainline is relatively straight otherwise it can jump off, not a good thing to happen on a fixed gear.

yea have heard some horror stories, will get a range of spacers etc to figure it out when i get there

stoked as i found a old exercise bike that had a fixed hub, just in talks to buy it atm

• 2 weeks later...

its looking like the cheap/good way 2 do it, who cares about chipping etc.

the exercycle wheel is actually a non standard size which has screwed me up, going to probably get a brand new wheel for it, unless I can screw the cassette off the old rusty one. hmmm

• 2 weeks later...