Help: 85 cordia gsr turbo

Southern Hardstyle

Yay the Cordia! :D

1985 would probably be an AB model, from memory. They were the fastest but I don't think they had the vented front discs of the later models?

You might want to deal with the cause of the white smoke first and then reassess the misfire situation afterward. The trusty Cordia GSR seems to have a hundred different common faults, like cracked exhaust manifolds or air leaks or bad vacuum lines or leaky injectors or dodgy sensors etc, so I'd assume nothing and start eliminating the easiest possibilities first. Spark plugs? :P

There's still some Cordia gurus who hang around at the cordiapower.com forums - give them a try too.

White smoke usually means water does it not? BHG? Is the coolant mayonnaise like?

Sounds like you've got either a fuel, ignition or compression problem, lol. Check plugs for colouration, check spark from leads, check dizzy cap and rotor, consider cleaning your injectors, replace fuel filter, check fuel flow, check compression

So many possibilities

white smoke usually indicates turbo seals on their way out, it'll usually smoke white smoke as you are deaccelerating, especially after boosting it a bit.

if it's blueish-white smoke when revving it, it could be piston oil control rings failing, or it could even be burning and clearing out the oil which is being sucked through worn valve stem seals after idling for a bit.

best to give the motor a compression test, and determine exactly what colour the smoke is and exactly when it smokes.

I have a TC06 Cordia turbo but it too has worn oil seals so will puff white smoke out after coming to a stop after giving it a cain.