Power steering pumps

thegreatestben

Just a quick question,

Would/Could they pump water.

I'm still looking for a pump solution for my intercooler.

Mr2's dont' have power steering so there's room for a pump.

Could I use a power steering pump?

It would have coolant which could provide lubrication?

Doesn't have to last forever.

Also - use your Repoc discount to purchase a small Davies Craig electric water pump

Investigated today.

$200 can either have repco order it and pay $91AUD for it, have to ring head office and the purchaser must order.

Then they have to send it to head office, then to me. Then I pay for it with markup on top. Way too complicated and dumb.

I asked lady on phone if I can just give her a credit card number etc.

All g but not for the $91 aud. Would instead be 137AUD which is about $170 + $30-$40 for shipping.

Hmm.

Investigating having a guy in aus buy another one like the one he got and sending it to me.

Trying to save money/not pay heaps is tuff.

bosch_pump_picture.jpg

This water/air intercooler pump is designed for circulating water in water/air intercoolers.

Unlike other bilge pump-based solutions available, this pump is designed by Bosch and Ford specifically for water/air applications.

This pump is Bosch part number 0 392 022 002 and is used in many of the supercharged Mustang Cobras and supercharged Mercedes.

This is an OEM pump. It ships with no documentation. Please check below for pump specifications from Bosch; these are the most detailed specifications available:

bosch_specs.gif

This information is directly from Bosch. Unit conversion shows that this pump flows 317 GPH; any seller who advertises differently is incorrect.

another option you could do is ag-spray pumps ( electric 12v )

you can get them in all sorts of diff sizes and psi and flow rates, be ideal in this situation

you can rig them to run all the time and or on a swtich,

can give you good deals but cant remember prices and sizes right now, its been a long day

pumps like shurflo etc

2nd thoughts they may be too heavy

3rd thoughts there a neo-prem diaphram pump, and are prone to crapping out if constitly run

get the davis craig one man dont cut corners like the old owner

The campervan things seem to be rather large and not designed to run constantly.

Plus they're all getting up around that $200 amount.

:D

edit

these are the ones im talking about they start from 90 end @ 250

they flow alot of litres per minute for there size,but you would be better with a impaler pump rather than a diagphram pump etc