AMG 4g63

Ogre

I just got one for the LA, soooooooooooooo can i have some info on them plz?Just general stuff, power, RPM redline etc, mean.What makes them better?

I have no computer or loom with it, is normal 4g63 comp the same and is the loom the same?

Chur

retarded balance beam? wtf you on? or are you meaning the Silent shafts? the same technology which was so good it was then further licenced to many other manufacturers like Porsche, Fiat and Saab? Even Toyota uses balance shafts in their AZ engines.

AMG 4G63 has the same 10.4:1 comp ratio as the normal high comp 4G63 DOHC (in facelift E33A VZ-S and VX-S Galants), but with oil squirters like the E39A VR-4 block. Redline is 8000rpm for manual models or 7500rpm for automatic models. The inlet manifold is the same dual-stage cyclone as the VR-4 except the runners are much longer and the plenum chamber is different from normal N/A and VR-4 4G63s. The cams are longer duration and higher lift and the rocker arms are hollow. Some say they have titanium valve springs but I don't think that's the case. Most of the power increase would be in the ECU I would say, the fuel and ignition maps are far different than the standard DOHC 4G63.

Power is 170PS (125kW/168hp) @ 6750rpm and 191Nm @ 5000rpm.

There's a guy in Hawkes Bay who owns four E33A AMG Galants, but they're all auto.

I never said it was shit i just said it was retarded, i know plenty of people who have gone to the trouble of removing it in there evo 0's and what not so it cant be that great.. but before you get defensive there are 2 sides to every argument blah blah

Newho on topic.. how much did this bad boy set you back? Are you going to go aftermarket ECU?

it's there to help cancel out the imbalance of a 4 cylinder engine. If you go to lengths to balance your engine better than the factory did then there wouldn't be a real need for them. People remove them because you can gain 5-10hp from doing so, as the balance shafts weigh about 3kgs for the pair of them. You do notice an increase in vibration from about 3000rpm though. Another problem is on the Sirius and Saturn engines the balance shafts are belt driven with a little belt behind the cambelt, often the replacement of this belt is overlooked when replacing the cambelt, and it then breaks shortly after ruining the new cambelt as it gets tangled up in. If you replace the belt (it costs like $10) when you replace the cambelt you wont have issues.

I never said it was shit i just said it was retarded, i know plenty of people who have gone to the trouble of removing it in there evo 0's and what not so it cant be that great.. but before you get defensive there are 2 sides to every argument blah blah

Newho on topic.. how much did this bad boy set you back? Are you going to go aftermarket ECU?

Christ, where do these cunts come from

I'm throwing a vote in for low boost high compression turbo set up. Failing that, some 20V tbs, a kpr spec exhaust manifold and a decent ecu. This is gonna be one to watch

I have a factory 4g63 AMG computer MD150413 if you are interested. The extra power is mainly from the cams and the computer as Fuel said. I would have bought that engine on trademe if it had come up 6 months ago. I ended up using a vr4 block, 4g61 head (small ports) and oil pump assembly (no balance shafts), Kelford 264 cams, high compression pistons and evo4 inlet manifold with adapter.

I have a factory 4g63 AMG computer MD150413 if you are interested. The extra power is mainly from the cams and the computer as Fuel said. I would have bought that engine on trademe if it had come up 6 months ago. I ended up using a vr4 block, 4g61 head (small ports) and oil pump assembly (no balance shafts), Kelford 264 cams, high compression pistons and evo4 inlet manifold with adapter.

Keen on comp bro, i want to get it all in there standard so i have less variables and then put link etc in there.Are the looms the same do you know?So are you saying using the 4g61 oilpump mean ya dont have to have that stupid balance shaft that runs off the oil pump?Mint idea!!

Christ, where do these cunts come from

I'm throwing a vote in for low boost high compression turbo set up. Failing that, some 20V tbs, a kpr spec exhaust manifold and a decent ecu. This is gonna be one to watch

sounds like my plans for my lancer. fuck turbos

I have a chilton manual with pinouts etc for most models, pm you emial and i'll shoot you through some pdf's if you want.

Also have a set of silver top throttle bodys modified to 4g63 spacing, come with 10mm thick alloy flange ready to make newfannymold with. No Tps sensor or throttle linkage though..