• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as per always .. right above your head

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=puuQ ... =2#PPP1,M1

unless you went to uni .. and you have professed before you haven't

you wont understand plasma physics

it would help if you got a understanding before you got a attitude

You'll never get any sense from the internet.

Steve

as long as you keep posting, then never a truer word has been spoken.

you talk in circles, your "facts" are actually "opinions" or at best, ideas. you clearly demonstrate almost every time you open your mouth that you don't know what your talking about and everybody here (with possibly the exception of Fuel) is ignoring you.

ive said it before and ill say it again, post in a constructive, positive manor or fuck off.

sheepers.

QFT

GAZ,- the wastegate off the turbine housing is a really good way of controlling boost, my ex boss's rb30 powered racecar had it this way for a while.

however when he changed to a bigger turbo he changed the wastegate to coming off the manifold at the same time.

with the bigger turbo it made more power as you would expect, but also came on a decent amount earlyer. he can not run as low a boost pressure as before though, it wont bypass enough gas.

this was on an engine making a lot of power with a fairly large turbo

these are facts for this particular application, not an opinion

currently working on a lexus v8 with a tdo7-25g on it ... needs a 50mm wastegate to keep it under 7 psi

also a 502 cu v8 with 2x t70's and a 292 @ 50 thou cam ... just test turbo's at this stage to small to achieve what we want was running gas .. switching to meth ... currently has 8x 1600 cc injectors... will double that for meth ,,, running a scabby arse link + ,, only have 42mm gates on that ... but realistically there way to small .. only look for 1200hp tp prove method .. then looking to hit 2000 - 2500 probably with a pair of t88's ... its in a funny car...edit ..... not sure what class

my bad

not sure ..... tube chassis fibreglass body ..... parachute big wings .. does a 8 second pass n/a

transbrake 6500 rpm stall .. what else is important ... oh has doors .. but there glass too

oh and yeah spence used to run c16 ... so unsure TBH what class they will try to put in now .. my job is to make it go ... meth is a new development cause the 8 1600's are proving dificult to tune given they almost have a 4ms min opening ... thats a LOT of fuel for idle

want pics ?

The more pics the better. BTW EFI is against the rules too unless you're in TDS as they've just changed the rules to let a couple of cars in.

292 cams on a V8. Haha the only time you'll ever come across a 292 cam is with a japper. V8 cams never seem to have the duration advertised and it cartainly wouldn't be 292..... nor would you put a hydraulic cam into a serious funnycar motor.Oh and C16 isn't normally used by V8s, it's better for turbo cars.......I've got the feeling you might be telling porkies.

Steve

sorry what was this thread about?

Haha well i was hoping someone could direct me to were i could find noob info on setting up turbo cars etc and answer what i thought were simple questions for my relatively low powered engine ... just after the BASICS. How to plumb everything in whats needed etc. What pipes to to n from where for the wastegate etc.

The more pics the better. BTW EFI is against the rules too unless you're in TDS as they've just changed the rules to let a couple of cars in.

292 cams on a V8. Haha the only time you'll ever come across a 292 cam is with a japper. V8 cams never seem to have the duration advertised and it cartainly wouldn't be 292..... nor would you put a hydraulic cam into a serious funnycar motor.Oh and C16 isn't normally used by V8s, it's better for turbo cars.......I've got the feeling you might be telling porkies.

Steve

Fact:

If both of you put a little bit of effort into trying to get along then our topics wouldn’t get cluttered with shit fights. I’m sure you could have phrased your whole second paragraph so it wasn’t in an accusing tone. Shit, the internet has tone? This goes for the both of you.

Gaz

Steve

Fact:

If both of you put a little bit of effort into trying to get along then our topics wouldn’t get cluttered with shit fights. I’m sure you could have phrased your whole second paragraph so it wasn’t in an accusing tone. Shit, the internet has tone? This goes for the both of you.

Gaz

i put all the info in the post

c16 .. in a turbo v8 is not uncomon because its a turbo ...... not n/a ..

it has roller rocker solid lifters and a roller cam ...... hydraulic cams are for road cars and your correct they dont come in that sort of duration .. but this is a one run wonder ... not a road car

as for telling porkys .. i can see why you would think that

you didn't read the post , take in any info nor did you understand anything thats written ... its not rocket science its just a engine .. its not even a solid block

spence if you have any issue ... come down and have a look over it for yourself before it gets taken away for a overhaul ... the plating in the fuel lines has fallen off and contaminated everything and needs a strip down and check before it can be run again .... for some reason the owner thought it was a good idea to plate the inside of the fuel lines

its currently sitting in the door of robs shop

ill grab pics tomorrow while im down there finishing my auto box for my truck for those interested