the " why is my auto being gay question "

FLAWLES

mmmmmm

i do remember me and E whipping the valve bock out to change the inhibitor switch and rod ( due to the new box having a bent one )

wonder if its a sticky vlave body then????

oh nah i can select reverse and D but you have to rev it at 3000rpm to move at snails pace, but its fine when its warm and shits normaly and drives fine

go manual?

^ exactly hence why i said it is deffinately not a tempreture issue. And wont be an extra length issue the pumps have alot of pressure and volume behind them, people run massive coolers on them all the time. You could pull trans codes but I doubt you've got any. Was the cooler second hand?

yes you should have just called me dick haha.

first of all i would check fluid level...

how are you checking it jarred? you should be quickly dipping it at idle after youve been for a good drive in it, it doesnt matter if its a little bit overfull but dont run it low.

second, cooler. the only way the cooler could have done anything is if it was a second hand one that had crap in it but im pretty sure you bought a new one ay?

So if the fluid is fine the only other things it could be is either sticky valves or hard seals.

Yeah got into diagnosing cooling issues, assuming that was the problem. The shifting does sound strange.

My old ford falcon used on cold mornings used to travel at a snails pace, like a belt or clutch was slipping in the box, you would have to increase the revs and then it would slam into gear, clunk in the diff, and do a skid then take off.

Would often happen when the box was trying to downshift, like it would appear to get caught in 'nuetral'.

Guess it was lucky that I got rear ended and car was written off in that regard.

Yes manual conversion just because plz

its fluid and not oil etc :P .

and the trans shouldnt give a crap if the fluid is warm or not its already thin to start with .

it has to be siad but you check the level while its running aye?? stupid question but has to be asked lol

i reckon just unplug the cooler and run back through the standard one and pretty much start from scratch then if the probelm goes away slowly start replacing things

lewl

hairy and his old man thought one of their xjs' had a fucked trans due to same syptoms. they'd also been checking it with car not running. 2 litres more fluid and it doesn't miss a beat now.

I always fire them up, go though the gears for a few seconds in each position, leave running and check. if you overfill it too much it'll jsut spit it out the breather.

I had the same problem but not as bad when i put my trans cooler on.

I bypassed the factory one in the radiator, went to go for a drive and OH NOES it isn't keen for changing.

I had adjusted the line pressure a bit in the past so i set it to the highest pressure and put some more fluid in and havn't had a problem in the past year.