Faild wof on cut parcel tray?

rwdlancer

kev would 50bux be enough for your efforts to cut the thing out?

yea hadto take it to vtnz because of the green stiker.

i was thinking about just riveting the new panel on.bacause it only ever was spot wleded into place when the car was made and i cant see how spot welds could be any stronger than rivets.then it would save me the money and time of going to a certified welder and all that.

Spot welds will be alot stronger than rivits. Either way you need to check with WOF man as its 100% up to him.

RyanFells, just make sure it is covered up, WOF guys arnt allowed to move shit in your car. If they suspect something is wrong then they can ask but thats bout it. Make sure it is covered from both inside boot and inside cabind.

Gaz

Spot welds will be alot stronger than rivits. Either way you need to check with WOF man as its 100% up to him.

RyanFells, just make sure it is covered up, WOF guys arnt allowed to move shit in your car. If they suspect something is wrong then they can ask but thats bout it. Make sure it is covered from both inside boot and inside cabind.

Gaz

Lol, every1 spells my last name with 2 L's.

Sweet, will chuck some speakers in to cover top. what would be a sweet way to cover from underneath without looking like im hiding something

WOF guys arnt allowed to move shit in your car. If they suspect something is wrong then they can ask but thats bout it. Make sure it is covered from both inside boot and inside cabind.

Gaz

Wrong!

If they suspect something there well within there rights to inspect, and that includes the likes of picking and poking at an area they think could be rusty etc.

Wrong!

If they suspect something there well within there rights to inspect, and that includes the likes of picking and poking at an area they think could be rusty etc.

Wrong!! they cant do anything to the vehicle unless u advise them they can.

From the VIRM (wof inspection manual)

3.5 Establishing whether the vehicle complies

2. Visually inspect the vehicle to determine whether the vehicle complies with the requirements set out in this manual (see clause 3.1.2.2 of this Introduction). Vehicle inspectors are not required to remove vehicle components during the inspection of the vehicle.

5. Where the vehicle inspector requires further information in order to determine compliance with the requirements, the inspector must reject the vehicle until the information has been obtained.

The reason i know this is because an inspector a number of years ago got his ass handed to him by his superiors after i went to the LTSA

taking to the bottom of a vehicle with a small pickaxe and removing underseal and paint leaving bare metal (in no less than 8 places)

MVC-492F.jpg

Fuck!

I've had big dents put in one of my old cars due to suspected rust, old cunt told me it was fully within a wof inspectors right to do so, spouted a whole list of official sounding shit.

meh still better that the fuckwit wof guy who tried to make me have a 8" section of one of my chassis rails cut out so he could inspect the inside of it.