202 N/A 13.1@103mph but running out of tweaks, Help?

EFI_LC

awesome times dude 8)

your quicker than me with far less power in a heavier car

however mine is at the other end of the setup scale :lol:

as the others have said

weight reduction - take out the front seat, rear seat, i assume the spare wheel was turfed longa ago

locker - it will make an improvement on your traction which = better 60 ft times

with your improved traction you may find you can alos run a little more psi in your tyres which will help you run a higher mph up the top end without losing 60ft time

some softer shocks in the rear to help it squat with the softer springs

and try the electric fan any more hp is good specially when its alomst free :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ke36, it has actually caused quite a few people to raise the eyebrows and to think its all stock running gear thats been slightly modified. A real backyard banger.

I hear ya on the weight reductions but to me it wouldn't be a street car without seats ;) and I empty the boot, I may actually try some extra weight in the boot yet like a bag of sand to get traction.

Ill try one more time until I get my diff

The fan its been with me since my old commy about 15 years ago and its a metal flexi-fan, to be honest I could run without a fan completely as this is the coldest running 202 I have ever had and yes the guage is correct. I could run down the quarter 3 times in a row on a 30 degree day and still hold my hand on the bottom hose. 70 degrees is normal on a 82 degree thermostat.

I aimed for 200+ rearwhp minimum when I built this engine and I reckon its about spot on.

Weight with me in it is 2500lbs or 1135kg (I am 95kg)

This is one reason why these were a fantastic rally and circuit cars in the day.

The commentator called it the older version of the Nissan Skyline, "6 cylinders and goes like stink"

your spooled diff is a locker man

a mini spool replaces the guts in your crown wheel carrier with a little billet

socket that joins both axles,

a full spool replaces your carrier and takes your crown wheel and is stronger than a mini

a detroit locker is arguably the best option as it will release once you get off the gas

and is similar to a mechanical 4 pin lsd but works everytime on or off

ie if you get sideways mid track it won't throw you into the wall

a tight clutch pack lsd is much like a locker but tuneable for tightness

a viscous lsd is shit :lol:

thats impressive stuff there after 900passes you definitely know the car,

i would go talk to a reputable drag race shop about your options

future performace in hamilton are right up there building top level cars

and give excellent free advice if you take them your car and a beer(waikato)

The fan its been with me since my old commy about 15 years ago and its a metal flexi-fan, to be honest I could run without a fan completely as this is the coldest running 202 I have ever had and yes the guage is correct. I could run down the quarter 3 times in a row on a 30 degree day and still hold my hand on the bottom hose. 70 degrees is normal on a 82 degree thermostat.

i think the thing to bear in mind is that the fan is more for when you're stationary. At speed there's lots of air going through your rad. On a busy day, (like a king of the street, or a grudge day) you can sit on the que for ages. Thats when the temp may creep up. If I forget to turn my fan on, it heats up while waiting to run. And my radiator is pretty sweet.

your spooled diff is a locker man

a mini spool replaces the guts in your crown wheel carrier with a little billet

socket that joins both axles,

a full spool replaces your carrier and takes your crown wheel and is stronger than a mini

a detroit locker is arguably the best option as it will release once you get off the gas

and is similar to a mechanical 4 pin lsd but works everytime on or off

ie if you get sideways mid track it won't throw you into the wall

a tight clutch pack lsd is much like a locker but tuneable for tightness

a viscous lsd is shit :lol:

thats impressive stuff there after 900passes you definitely know the car,

i would go talk to a reputable drag race shop about your options

future performace in hamilton are right up there building top level cars

and give excellent free advice if you take them your car and a beer(waikato)

Thanks for the advice on the diffs, sounds like the 3.9 std Hiace/Hilux might be the ticket for me and thats probably a good mix of street n strip ratio.

900 passes... Yea we have a meet almost every month and I have been draging it for over 6 years with some meetings running upto 20 passes and most over 10 passes so probably average around 170 passes a year. I am pretty good at getting this old girl off the line with the huge 205 tires :)

At the end of the day it comes down to cost otherwise I would already be well in the 12's with the j.zed head available for these.

gallery%2FOur_Products%2Fjzed_heads.jpg

I've used a Hilux Surf third member in a Hilux Ute casing and works very well.

I found for some reson The Surf unit out of a (3L diesel turbo) runs larger pinion shaft bearings and is a 4x spider type. As both the utes I've wrecked had a 2x spider third member up front and a LSD down back. The front diff and rear diff third members are interchangable and in road going 4x4's the front diff is normaly not very worn.

And another good thing about the Surf 4x spider third member is that i could fit a cheaper (LOCKRIGHT) locker. This type under throttle locks both wheels and under light throttle alows freewheel, you can still turn but does take a bit of getting used to driving around the road. It technily is'nt a diff anymore as it switchs load to left or right or both axles. Also saves only one tire getting heat durring a burn out. Having one hot and one cold tire is never flash. Also prevents locking one rear wheel during hard braking.

Can move a stripped out, turbo'ed hillman hunter for a 12.20 with no problems but is a lighter car thow. It did a 16.52 with an open diff as it just wouldn't put the power down and sufferd bad turbo lag. Plus It destroys a motor every other drag.

I'm impressed with your times thow. A turbo and better traction would probly get it going quicker but a turbo emptys the pockets thow getting it setup right. and i found a non-reliable car just isn't much fun.