Car audio RCA's

WildPlumDx

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh right so using those things would be better than using one rca ? how many do i need just the one ?

Yeah if you have a 4 channel heady and you want to run 4 speakers from a 4 channel amp then buy 2 so you can connect front L&R and rear L&R. Make sense?

You'll be fine to run your components off your 500W amp, so long as you set it up right I'm sure it will sound sweet and live long time

As I said in the edited version of my previous post, this will leave your heady's RCA outputs free for addition of a sub and amp package without needing to change your heady should you choose to add some thump down the line

Chur

ah ok so those things hook up to the headunits speaker channels and then go to the amp ? coz if you have one rca and then use a splitter i couldnt work out how you can make a mono channel into stereo basically ? i'm guessiong its ok for subs but not speakers ?

yeah thats it exactly.

Wait you seriously mean 1 RCA not 1 pair?

that why i thought it only had one, an auction on trademe said one rca preout which now i guess means one pair ? anyway there a red one and a white one thats it two holes

It has one PAIR of RCA preouts, should you wanna run 4 channels all through the amp you'll need 2 pair as splitters reduce the signal level. It's up to you obviously.

What amp are you hoping to use (Model Number) If it's a good 4 channel amp it may even output the signal from your single pair of preouts to all 4 channels of the amp in which case you're peachy....

Also I would suggest running a heavier gauge cable as smaller cable has higher resistance, especially the fishing line shit they pack in with the speakers. Solder all connections if you can too to reduce volt drops and the likelihood of vibrations rattling the generic crimp fittings loose

sweet yeah i havnt got an amp yet been looking at the Sony XM-504Z but read its pretty average so looking at buying a new pioneer GM-4300F or the bigger GM-6300F as it says you can hook them straight up to oem without the need of adapters like the ones you suggested correct ? might be the way to go, there selling both models on trademe the bigger one listed below, lemme know what you think is the best option, thanks s12

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 611014.htm