Acorn to lug nut convert.

Rusted

I have just received back my mags from the machinist. He followed my directions and drilled to suit lug type nuts, however the lug nuts I have over shot by 8mm. I am thinking I will just angle grind 8mm off each lug bolt. Any issue with doing this? The only other method I can think of is oversized washers on the face of the mag.

as long as you have enough thread inside the shank it should be fine (recommend at least 21mm of contacting thread on an m14 stud) but I would put them in a lathe to machine of the 8mm rather than grinfd it off..

caution note: what you have done by modifying your wheels from taper to shank type is illegal without a cert

All professional done so no one will cry about it, I'll keep the receipt if I one day decide to get the mods certed. 21mm of contact. The overall length of the lug nuts are 40mm, Approximately 38mmthread so 21mm+(38-8=30mm) isn't an issue. Back down to the machinist then...

EDIT: Measured= 4mm to long with washer- Get 5mm lathed off should be sweet?

I was working round the problem of the wheel flange is thinner than the shank of the nut..
Looks like you were right.

lucky guess

the lug nuts I have over shot by 8mm. I am thinking I will just angle grind 8mm off each lug bolt
It was Dat180's bolt reference that had me thinking the studs were fouling the blind end of the nut. It just proves that I read properly and you are a cunt KKK.

That was unsuccessful. Closest I can find is in the form of Lock nuts and they still over shot 1mm with washers so oversized washers with lock nuts unless there is a store I don't know of.
Given that you are not too stressed about legality hows about some 10mm thick wheel spacers?

Edit: Possibly cheaper than a new set of shorter shanked nuts

I was working round the problem of the wheel flange is thinner than the shank of the nut..
Looks like you were right.

lucky guess

the lug nuts I have over shot by 8mm. I am thinking I will just angle grind 8mm off each lug bolt
It was Dat180's bolt reference that had me thinking the studs were fouling the blind end of the nut. It just proves that I read properly and you are a cunt KKK.

shush your mouth - your holes are looking quite heavy so go drill some more holes (in your holes) please

Possibly! Reckon I would have to run them back into the shop and get the holes widen.

Spacer plate is a no go as the mags sit nice and flush with the guard, Maybe a mill over.

And yes, my sentence structure could be greatly improved as well as my grammer.