Churs 79 Lancer build

chur

Ohk cool ill have to check it out. Mate she is a major project. just spent all day today fixing rust and will be spending the rest of tomorrow fixing the rest

When you talkin old school - 2 days of fixing rust ain't major - try all the time - its a constant cycle of fixin rust all winter - getting a WOF and driving summer - fixing rust all winter..

Hey bro

Brave man, tackling that rust. Rust is the death of me!!! Where abouts are you from? Because there was a decent 79 Lancer at the Manurewa pick a part last weekend. Pretty straight if i can remember correctly.

So your going down the DOHC track. Awesome. Im doin the same. Are you going turbo or N/A? Theres a guy on trade me selling an N/A DOHC 4G63 with a Carb manifold!!! To suit holley 4 barrel!!

Check it out

76441331_full.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 441331.htm

Dont know what you'd do for ignition coz hes got the dizzy at the back of the head, which would poke straight thru the firewall in a RWD mitsi

God, why would someone put a holley on one? Weird

The CAS can still be used, it depends on the mounts you use as to how much it will interfere with the firewall. It makes it easier for wiring to keep it anyway. It also depends on the year of the engine as to what CAS it uses I believe.

Can always smack the firewall with a hammer!

I was looking at doing this with my old Sigma wagon but the costs got too high too quickly. I didn't want to use the factory ecu so that instantly made it expensive. I was looking at a set of motorbike carbs for induction which also made things tricky ecu and spark wise.. I reckon you should save for an aftermarket ecu and get some quad throttle bodies on there with a mean intake. 4G63s sound mean when thrashed and revved I reckon!

Fuck me that's horrid. Looks like you have it underway though

What;s the plan looks wise? Paint colour?

Um the plan is to fix all the rust and panel and paint it. i got this green in mine, a gun metal grey or possibly a light blue. I wona sell the mags i got on it now and get some old 14's with some real nice dish on them.

this is green is the green im thinking bout. what you think?

23140677fulljd3.jpg

and this is the blue. to me its kinda boring and pretty comman. and i was think some wheels kinda like whats on this car too.

24881815fullzn7.jpg

Hey bro

Brave man, tackling that rust. Rust is the death of me!!! Where abouts are you from? Because there was a decent 79 Lancer at the Manurewa pick a part last weekend. Pretty straight if i can remember correctly.

So your going down the DOHC track. Awesome. Im doin the same. Are you going turbo or N/A? Theres a guy on trade me selling an N/A DOHC 4G63 with a Carb manifold!!! To suit holley 4 barrel!!

Check it out

76441331_full.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 441331.htm

Dont know what you'd do for ignition coz hes got the dizzy at the back of the head, which would poke straight thru the firewall in a RWD mitsi

Yeah for my first project some of the rust in is a bit hard to fix. Lets just hope i get it all to standard. yeh i seen that man but isnt it down south? i got a mate thats gona do all my wiring for a hundy any ways. So i think ill pass on a carbie motor.

Oh and as for n/a or turbo i think ill go n/a coz im not to sure on going bout getting it certed. weather i have to upgrade things like strauts and brakes. Can anyone help me with that.

Fuk id love to go strip that lancer for parts but i live in Tauranga. If any one can get me a bonnet and rear bumper ill gladly pay them for it and to be shipped to tauranga.

Honestly, I'd reccomend you just look at the single cam 4G63 conversion if it's your first conversion. They go mean in a light shell and take a sweet thrashing. You won't need to worry about brake upgrades or ecus or any rubbish like that also.

Definately dig that green and definately like the idea of small dished wheels.

yea sigma 4g63 is definately a good idea very cheap and will haul ass for what it costs, nice cam some extractors carb etc and itl be mean 8)

that twincam posted above is horrid :o

dizzy would stick so far through the firewall it not funny

and if you went with a cas u may aswell run the injection cos u need an ecu anyways and if ur guna do that u may aswell just go turbo hahaha

Hey guys ive been searching some time now for a nice 4g63 dohc engine turbo or n/a and still havent really found anything good that is close to where i live. If anyone knows where i can get a good complete engine with loom and computer that is close to tauranga and also manual could ya let me know.

Cheers.

hey kev, ke and lowlancer i know all you guys have and are build 4g63t lancers. and i was just wondering if i use a 1600 xmember with 2lt engine mounts the engine should bolt up right? is there anything in the engine bay that ill need to modify for the engine to go in? im just putting a n/a dohc 4g63 in. because i want to go ahead and start painting the engine bay, but i dont want to find i have to cut or weld anything after ive painted it and fuck the paint. oh and while ive got the car pretty much fully stripped out i wona replace all the bushes and shit where would the best place be to go bout buying some? Any help that you guys or anyone else that is doing this sorter conversion can give me would be gladly appreciated

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

for twincam 4g63 (doesnt matter wether its turbo or na) ull have to bash the fuck outta the firewall or box it to fit the cas and give room for the water pipe, only way to find out where you need to is test fit and check clearances etc then bash then check etc

yea and 1600 xmember with starion engine mounts (rubber ones and the metal block mounts)

can get the rubber ones brand new from repco, think there a heavy duty model too

if your going na i seriously reccomend the sigma motor, so much less fucking about and $$

or for the same cost as a na twincam you could do a decent starion turbo setup and then upgrade it to twincam later on like fuel is doing with his eterna (starion block twincam head)

• 2 weeks later...
Coming along well, sussed if you're going turbo or n/a?

Cheers. Nah not yet ae. Im just tryn to sort out the plumbing so that i dont have to cut the firewall for the thermostat. Is there much i have to upgrade in the way of brakes and that for a cert if i go turbo?

It'll be marginal. If you replaced the pads, rotors and fluid up front and refreshed the drums you'd probably be okay, but it's probably worth looking at a starion front strut install. Vented, bigger brakes=win

I vote you whack a SOHC 4G63 in there and not worry about it. Techinically you'd need a cert but no WOF guy would ever ping you