help in chch

Brock-Lee

yeh its pretty fukin strange and i dont know much about nissan motors.

but it starts and runs with the choke out and revs sweet

but you push the choke back in and as it gets to the end it starts back firing and spluttering

threw the carb.

so it has me fuked

any ideas boys and girls.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea man, cheers for the hand. hopefully next time you see it it should have way less height and way more dish. :twisted:

If only I could get this fucker running

dont worry about it mate at least when it slamed and got some dish it will look better sitting the driveway

even if its not ruuning lol

yea man, cheers for the hand. hopefully next time you see it it should have way less height and way more dish. :twisted:

If only I could get this fucker running

dont worry about it mate at least when it slamed and got some dish it will look better sitting the driveway

even if its not ruuning lol

hahaha, yea tru tru. I may have to sort that out this weekend then.

one of you chch boys must know their l20bs all inside and out etc.

i had the exact same problem with my L20b in my bluebird. i changed everthing on the bitch and still ran like a bag of arse.i suspect that my one had a vacuum leak as there was exhaust soot on the head where a game was between the manifold and head. i sprayed some petrol while running and it ran better for a few seconds.

i suggest you throw a new gasket on it and smother it in rtv and seal it uo good and proper.

i have a manual for a 910 bluebird with a l20b in it. i could lend it to you this weekend and maybe giv you a hand at getting it going.

if you do get it going you can come on the datsun cruise on monday :)

Still sounds lean.

how can it be lean. nothing has changed from it running mint to its current symptoms. I drove it in the pouring rain and then it wouldnt runb properly. me and dan completely blew the carb out today and I have run it with my thumb over the two vacuum ports on the inlet manifold. What else can be done to see if its lean. As I say, a cuple of boxes tlo the cunt that gets it running.

i had the exact same problem with my L20b in my bluebird. i changed everthing on the bitch and still ran like a bag of arse.i suspect that my one had a vacuum leak as there was exhaust soot on the head where a game was between the manifold and head. i sprayed some petrol while running and it ran better for a few seconds.

i suggest you throw a new gasket on it and smother it in rtv and seal it uo good and proper.

i have a manual for a 910 bluebird with a l20b in it. i could lend it to you this weekend and maybe giv you a hand at getting it going.

I hope it aint a fucken head gasket. I will try to make it on the datto cruise on monday, but I am at the border of my knowledge. I dont know what the fuck else it could be

I'd like to say I'll have a crack at it for you, (I love beers) but I'm a bit pushed for time too. My 1200 needs some remedial carb work, (Fucking holleys!) and and want to take mine on the cruise too. (Especially since it was me who organised it!) So does it run like arse, or will it not run at all? Does it have a booster? Does the booster have a hole in it? a ruptured booster diaphram will cause an air leak. I had a problem with a hemi once where number 6 refused to run. It had compression, it had spark. Turned out the booster was shot.

^^ yes it does have a booster, but i pulled the vacuum line off tht goes to the booster and blocked the hole with my finger and it still ran like shit. It starts fine and will idle and rev fine on the choke. but when you start to come off the choke it coughs and spluters and dies. How do I check if the fuel pump is fucked?

Still sounds lean.

how can it be lean. nothing has changed from it running mint to its current symptoms. I drove it in the pouring rain and then it wouldnt runb properly. me and dan completely blew the carb out today and I have run it with my thumb over the two vacuum ports on the inlet manifold. What else can be done to see if its lean. As I say, a cuple of boxes tlo the cunt that gets it running.

I hope it aint a fucken head gasket. I will try to make it on the datto cruise on monday, but I am at the border of my knowledge. I dont know what the fuck else it could be

i dont think its a head gasket, just the inlet/ exhaust gasket.

will have a go at mine tomorrow and if all goes well will come give you a hand.

pm me your cell number and address and if i have time i will get hold of you

Not read the whole thread, but anything working perfect until it gets wet suggests an electrical problem to me? A squirt of instant maintenance in the dizzy cap and similar been tried.

Edit: read the thread now. Have you replaced the cap? Try running it in the pitch dark and looking for tracking...???