Watties on TM - Are these suitable for the 12?? (Wheel N00b)

84_S12

i got a set 14x6 for sale, same offset. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=145427783

Send me a pm if you wanna come try them on & we could work out a deal

FWIW, these are my old wheels, I tried them on my S12 and the only thing that stopped them from being usable was the 215/65 tyres I had on them. With some 185 or 195's in a lower profile they would likely be fine and dandy.

As he mentions in the listing, they fit perfectly fine on my old 910 with the 215/65's on them. :shock:

I have a picture somewhere of them on the 910 and maybe one of them on the 12, despite the rubber vs. strut :lol:

910 - Fit with no spacers, nothing adjusted, just slammed them straight on.

910poobirdqk9.jpg

S12 - Solid rear so perhaps sit a little differently on an IRS setup but I can't try them out on my IRS one anymore being they're no longer in my possession. Like I said previous though, they rubbed on the strut but it was only the tyre rubbing, the wheel itself was clear.

s12withwatssu3.jpg

wrong stud pattern for you but there's some 13" superlite style wheel's down at tauranga pick a part, need a very good clean but look straight. shit tyres, got subaru centre caps and i'm pretty sure they came off a leone sitting in the yard at the moment so if anybody's got fucked up subaru 4 stud (waimaks?????) they're only $150.

no other information on the back sorry

cheers

Matt

wrong stud pattern for you but there's some 13" superlite style wheel's down at tauranga pick a part, need a very good clean but look straight. shit tyres, got subaru centre caps and i'm pretty sure they came off a leone sitting in the yard at the moment so if anybody's got fucked up subaru 4 stud (waimaks?????) they're only $150.

cheers

Matt

FUCK!?! TAURANGA YOU SAY?

FUCK FUCK FUCK ARE THEY OPEN SATURDAYS

cheers

Matt

FUCK!?! TAURANGA YOU SAY?

FUCK FUCK FUCK ARE THEY OPEN SATURDAYS

yes

i got a set 14x6 for sale, same offset. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=145427783

Send me a pm if you wanna come try them on & we could work out a deal

FWIW, these are my old wheels, I tried them on my S12 and the only thing that stopped them from being usable was the 215/65 tyres I had on them. With some 185 or 195's in a lower profile they would likely be fine and dandy.

As he mentions in the listing, they fit perfectly fine on my old 910 with the 215/65's on them. :shock:

I have a picture somewhere of them on the 910 and maybe one of them on the 12, despite the rubber vs. strut :lol:

I really wanted the 15x7 as have 14x6 Enkei Meshies st the mo and wanted to go a lil larger as they look like roller skate wheels with the lower profile 185s on. Did they look stupid small on yours?

If I had of bothered with the effort and money of putting my 185 and 195 tyres from my Equip replicas onto the RS-Watanabe rims, I would most certainly still own them. I think the 14 in the Watanabe works a lot better than a 2-piece rim, in that it's a nice solid shape and colour and the centre doesn't make the rim appear smaller. If you know what I mean. :?

Lowering the car slightly to compensate for the smaller profile wouldn't be a bad idea, but I don't think it would be necessary as such.

Orion: So that tells me my car will accept 15"x8" wheels with +30 offset front and rear correct?

Kyteler - My wheels are the one piece Enkei (Original factory option) As for lowering - I'm reluctant to do so until I can afford to overcome the negative rear camber it would induce (I want to get as close as possible to 0° static camber) as it is bad enough already with spring sag lol.

Yes I know I have a slow leak

DSC01486.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

On a side note: Does anyone know of these hub centres lying around somewhere? The car only came with 3. Could be handy to have if I decide to sell the existing set of wheels...

Orion: So that tells me my car will accept 15"x8" wheels with +30 offset front and rear correct?

F8F is the Style.

15x6.5 +30offset Front & Rear

Is the recommendation.

I find the Watanabe matching a little off, they're OK if you want something that sits similar to factory wheels but if you want wide wheels it doesn't let you know just how wide you can go. Sadly.

cheers

Matt

thank you mr rxtoy.

they are now in the belongings to me.

My spam/hijacks over.

thank you mr rxtoy.

they are now in the belongings to me.

My spam/hijacks over.

sweet, glad to hear.

as for the spacers thing they need to be certed if you use any form, the slip on one's can be up to 10mm, the bolt on one's (adapters rather than spacers) can be up to 27mm. (this is from a guy that does certs, pretty sure its not exactly by the book, i think the book says 25mm but most american imported bolt on spacers are an inch thick so they give you that leeway)

you still need to have 7 full turns on your wheel nuts so you could need to get longer wheel studs if you're just using slip on spacers.

cheers

Matt

I notice they are quite oxidised. What is the best process to get these cleaned and looking newish again? I have done bit of research and it seems that shot peening is probably the best option in terms of keeping the dark natural magnesium finish. I would be reluctant to paint them if they can look mint in natural metal finish... Any thoughts?

As in from this:

62621196_full.jpg

To this:

58537349_full.jpg

Elite wheels is just around the corner from work, but I guess that any metal finisher would be able to do this ay