Pog’s X1/9

Muzzie

Good recovery on both the problems. For some reason the X1/9's seem to have 2 or 3 jesus nuts. which if they come loose do serious damage. That shaft damage was most likely caused by the nut loosening. I found on ours the guy who fixed a rear suspension balljoint hadn't adequately tightened the nut on the end of the axle/hub carrier. Discovered it on a test drive and limped it back before anything major fell off. Wheel could go in and out 2 inches when i got back. Good design doesn't leave things up to how tight a nut is done up.

• Like 3

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, GregT said:

Good recovery on both the problems. For some reason the X1/9's seem to have 2 or 3 jesus nuts. which if they come loose do serious damage. That shaft damage was most likely caused by the nut loosening. I found on ours the guy who fixed a rear suspension balljoint hadn't adequately tightened the nut on the end of the axle/hub carrier. Discovered it on a test drive and limped it back before anything major fell off. Wheel could go in and out 2 inches when i got back. Good design doesn't leave things up to how tight a nut is done up.

That nut was noticeably looser than the one on the other shaft... I gave both a few duggas.

10 hours ago, ThePog said:

Unlike Marahau, Brightwater is living in the future, this isn't the 1950s.

I had an uncle who farmed there up to the 70's I think. Spent a couple of holidays there in the 60's

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, GregT said:

The mysterious off idle hesitation in ours was fixed with a distributor rebuild. Incl the correct number of springs...

This has a later model Fiat Uno electronic distributor that I paid a lot of attention to back in the day, I do not think anyone has even touched the timing so I will leave it be.

The transition hesitation is a known 'feature' of poorly tuned DCNF's and I guess Webers in general, so I will have a play with things there. It is already much better with the bigger mains in there.

All of my notes previous show 180 airs, F24 emulsion tubes and 130 mains, so it looks like someone has messed with it since leaving my care.

• Like 1