Painting car with a roller

ESKIN8R

har... I should really pipe up here. I've been rolling my corolla with wattyl killrust which I thought would have been a suitable alternative to rustoleum. I was pretty hasty with my prep and probably haven't got the rolling technique down to a tee yet as I'm getting a bit of orange peel but I sand it back after two coats or so and it's fine. You can use a boat paint called brightside but finding it in NZ is difficult and it's expensive too.

paint2.jpg

paint1.jpg

That's after four coats on bonnet and guards and only a coat or two on the doors and roof. In the pic is a yellow patch on the bonnet caused by leaving a rag on it, but have since sanded back and given it another few coats.

I think it's a huge improvement considering it looked like this:

rolla1.jpg

And before that it looked like this:

dorift3.jpg

I just have to find the time to get the last rust patch welded up and do another few coats and re-assemble it.

paint2.jpg

paint1.jpg

That's after four coats on bonnet and guards and only a coat or two on the doors and roof. In the pic is a yellow patch on the bonnet caused by leaving a rag on it, but have since sanded back and given it another few coats.

I think it's a huge improvement considering it looked like this:

rolla1.jpg

And before that it looked like this:

dorift3.jpg

I just have to find the time to get the last rust patch welded up and do another few coats and re-assemble it.

Thats pretty sweet man, big diffrence fo sure

Back in the old days......

A guy told me about a paint job he did with a brush that was supurb, ya heat the paint until its hot but dont boil it and ya use a really good quality soft brush and paint. The heated paint flattens like magic and drys quickly to boot, he used to swear by it.

Hey Fuel are you trying to make ya car blend into the wall?

:P could be a good anti theft thought making it the same colour as the wall mate.