Matt's Dirtyone skidline

Draizuh

Hope you enjoy it bro. i miss it already. gutted i couldnt get it fixed up and i miss fanging it already.

Does the mean skids, 1's only tho hah.

Best of luck with it man and ill keep my on it as im keen to see what she ends up looking like.

3rd Generation oldschool.co.nz car right thurr!

cheers bruv, looking forward to it, she's definitly slippery hence fun.

that was me giving you the mad wave from the corona outside your work yesterday, just got the blank wtf looks hard.

if you could sort that bit of paper this morning it would be much appreciated, will text you too.

cheers

Matt

I hear the IRS is a right cunt to swap into the aussie spec R31s :(

Oh, and r31skylineclub.com is a good place to start, followed by skylines AU. (ironically, SDU doesn't really factor into the equation as far as older skylines are concerned)

ah well, that was very much an 'only if it bolts in' idea so i'll throw that on the back burner.

Orion, how similar is R30 and 31 suspension??? wouldn't mind some pointers on a decent suspension setup along with some lowerage. not looking to spend stupid money but if its sets me back a couple of hundred more than a kings and koni's combo and ends up looking and handling better i'd be pretty happy.

cheers

Matt

Your suspension is similar to mine. The whole front hub and shock can be replaced with S13/a31/c33 etc, will be doing this later on. Not sure about the rear of them but you should also be able to run the s13 etc shock but will need to change the pcd of the studs at the top. Hopefully thats all correct :lol:

yeah, i saw that some dude had swapped cefiro stuff onto his 31 on trademe, considered it but don't want to go 5 stud, too much of a mission to convert the rear too. might have to look at 4 stud silvia though, see them at pick a part every now and then.

cheers kyteler but my driveway is full :(

celica, skyline, corona, hilux = too many cars, corona going up for sale now i've got a wof on the ute though.

cheers

Matt

A31 factory turbos are 4-stud, but the discs will be interchangeable with e.g. S14 regardless of stud pattern on hub.

In the end I just went for a shortened OEM shock setup combined with some springs from japan (since NZ offerings are SHIT) and that worked a treat for the DR30.

haha that turbo 31 is my mates car lol all he's done is used a31 cefiro struts and springs (compressed cobra's i believe), and used a31 bottom arms and calipers with s13 5stud hubs on the front. it's actually a bit bouncy due to the compressed springs but gives u access 2 useing a31 or s13 adjustys which would b mean lol...oh and still got the live rear axle would b alot of work 2 change to irs

• 4 weeks later...

I tried those wheels on a while ago when I first got the Eterna, they are only 6.5" wide with an offset of around +25mm from memory. Two of the rims had buckles too which he conveniently forgot to mention before I went to look at them.