EFI_LC's Kingswood Ute

kyteler

I went all over it and looked hard for rust and cant see any alarm bells... there is the odd paint bubble but when it was up on the hoist for the WOF I went under and looked in all obvious places and nothing.

The Radiator support has some which I will weld up and treat.

The paint was resprayed but not in the last 2 years as it sat in a hay barn for that long before I came across it.

Cheap... $500 I would have bought it without an engine for that lol

I had it idle for around 30 minutes at his place as the battery was dead and then went out and gave it a rev and not even the slightest hint of smoke.

He had too many toys in his barn... Model A, Model T, Austin 7, HZ Sedan, Yamaha 50 and this.

When he said $500 I thought well lets have a look at the shit heap then... went out back and thought fuck!!! SOLD! without even getting to the front of it... The way I figure I bought a cheap set of Mags with excellent tyres for $500 and it had a ute thrown in for free heh.

My brother bought an old HQ ute with Statesmen nose, 308, auto, 4.11 rear for $1500 about 5 years ago, $500 is INSANELY cheap.

Still, the 308 ute was fucken hilariously awesome. Well worth the money, straight pipes no mufflers :lol:

I still can't believe $500... that's brilliant... I'll give you 6 for it! :wink:

What type of Yamaha 50 was it he had out of interest?

Trail type thing? I started out on a '68 FT1 50cc trailbike, would be interested in finding another one :)

Well I almost fell over as this ones a real quirk of irony...

It is a stepthru scooter thingy from late 60's or very early 70's era... I actually used to own it and taught my kids how to ride bikes on it about 10 years ago!

I almost fell over for the second time in the same day!!

I really would love to throw a chevy into her but as I am 70% into the new motor rebuild of my LC it may take a year or 2 before I do it.

I do have thoght a couple of Black heads and carbs and even injection I could throw at it but if I inject it I would need to recert it.

My idea of making it fresher would be to use the Black head with the varajet twin barrel and a set of flows I have hanging in the garage, should give it a 20hp increase I reckon and possibly allow it to run on 91 as compression should drop to around 8.8:1 from memory.

I was told the only thing I have to do is drill the water holes so they match. I must have a decent look if I get time on the weekend.

Be nice if I could pick up a cheap Yella Terra with hardened valve seats

• 1 month later...
My Boss's son in law cruised past work today to show us his new kingswood ute, Fucken pissed myself when i saw this thing parked in the drive, you made a good lot of money out of him, good on ya mate

Yea I made a bit but reckon he got a good score as well tho, 4.5k is cheap enough, he was asking about cheving it, told him ya can bolt it in by buying the bits so that way certing is simple.

Did ya tell him what I paid for it?

My Boss's son in law cruised past work today to show us his new kingswood ute, Fucken pissed myself when i saw this thing parked in the drive, you made a good lot of money out of him, good on ya mate

Yea I made a bit but reckon he got a good score as well tho, 4.5k is cheap enough, he was asking about cheving it, told him ya can bolt it in by buying the bits so that way certing is simple.

Did ya tell him what I paid for it?

Yeah i agree, 4.5k is quite cheap for one of those, like i was saying, another mate from work happily paid 3 odd thousand for a rusty WB a year or so back.

Didnt tell him how much you paid for it either, just said it was my mates old mans faithful old ute. He's stoked with it ay, doubt he'll have a chev in it anytime soon though, he's still got to finish his 351 XY rebuild.