OK I Fucked up It is a Granda Engine

NewGuy

used to have a 3 litre granada in an old celica i bought that some idiot had tried to turn into a mustang clone (white with GT stripes and all.................) had a 650 holley on it, went pretty well for what it was but jesus christ it was heavy. no powering steering meant some serious forearm work for parking.

sold it for $700 to some guy who was putting it into a reliant scimitar(i think, it was an ugly english hatchback thing with ford running gear and IRS) for his kid to go racing in.

that dude had the meanest car collection i ever seen, about 20 60's and 70's american classics and a couple of Aussies (xygtho genuine, etc) in mint condition with a bunch of spare big block crate engines and 15x15 wheels and shit just lying around his giant garage. never been so jealous but he was pretty cool, showed me and my mate all his cars when we dropped the engine off.

cheers

Matt

yeh man i use to have a mk1 esky witha 3l v6 and a holly carb

went fuck well.

realy good mator if its one of them mate.

Yeah the 3L Essex V6s are good old fashioned grunt machines. The later Cologne 2.8/2.9 V6s are lazy rev'ers and not as torquey, still can get good numbers out of them though, with work. When Cosworth got involved in the Cologne and developed it for the last of the Granadas, a very nice engine was created. Certainly a year or so ago, when I was last in the UK, they could be picked up for relative peanuts too.

A mate in the UK had a Sierra XR4x4 with a supercharged 2.9 Cologne in it, that went plenty well...