Won't start

lowlancer

My fucking dbag of a piece wont start

Basically, bowled down to gas station, chucked some 95 in, then on the way back, on some "closed roads" I did a mean D1, then it just shut down. There was $20 of gas in there, but it could still be fuel surge issues maybe?

Anyway, it won't start now. I'm just about to roll down and whip out plugs and clean em, and check spark

I tried jump starting it on a hill. It would start, but just barely run at all, like on the verge of dying, then it would die soon as clutch went in/revs dropped too low.

Any ideas?

get it running in it's shit state, and try and manipulate the carb into running on the secondary.

will be like ogre's lancer when we had beach m3at. main jet on the primary blocked. was jsut like this.

get it running real shit, then you could kinda mess with throttle to get revs up a bit, then using hand, open the secondary (coz they're vacuum and shit) and she'd rev like a trooper.

had to take top off carb and jet out, blow it out, chuck back together etc

ogre did it with a flat bladed screwdriver, a phillips, and me helping out a little, onthe side of the road.

not an uncommon problem on mitsis it seems. he's had to do it on his white ex before.

blah etc.

yeah will be the same thing, but the cunty thing is that with the later model carbs (like what ya got) yu have to take the whole carb off manifold coz the bolts that hold the top plate on hold the carb on the manifold too.Bet ya its a blocked pri jet tho, they are a real ass and always seems to happen after you have gone for a wee thrash.

shit from the bottom of the fuel tank could have been sucked up and caught in the fuel filter. It sounds like it's not getting fuel anyway. I had a similar problem with my corolla, after thrashing it for a while on an open grassy area it started running like shit. There was probably debris stuck in one or more of the jets on the carbs - I filled the fuel bowl up half with fuel and half with carby cleaner a few times and just generally blasted the carby with carb cleaner and it seemed to run ok after that.

But yeah try changing fuel filter and spark plugs anyway, they are all cheap and would eliminate a couple suspects.

Sweet, just towed it up like a meke as hill with mates 1.5 laser, was mean

Checked spark, doesnt seem to be any at all, which is weird. I checked with a timing light, and with good old screwdriver. But battery was almost flat anyway, plus it was definately running on jump starting

Will mack up and rip stz off tomorrow. Gives me reason to play with engine anyway.

Fucking d1s. Was a funny as one, slammed it into second at bout 70k, ripped into corner, back end broke away, kept going awesome as, then started oversteering too far, so touched handbrake, suddem hardcore grip due to lack of speed (was uphill), flicked back straight toward oncoming racecars cos it was on a private racetrack, corrected, drifted toward other way aka a wall, then just gripped and died. Lucky it was on a private road then eh lad eh lads eh lads

Meke as tyre marks too

Get some NULON "START YA BASTARD" Gets anything going really, unless its really really fucked!! Check coil for spark, then check secoundary system, if coil is yes, and secoundary is no, check the rotor & cap & leads, if no coil spark, check dissy pick up/ or contact points. check & replace what is nessary, if all spark is ok, nulon will get it going. Check fuel system or vacuum leaks.

Hope it helps