Track rubber

Guest Cap'n Morgan

Guest Cap'n Morgan

Just throwing up options for track rubber.

1. Keep blingin 17" Wheels on the track car and get 17" semi slicks.

2. Put 15" rims back on the track car and get 15" semi slicks.

3. Buy a new set of 16" rims with 16" track rubber.

What ya think?

Im also thinking about looks, will it still look 'Evil' with powder coated black 15" rims. I wonder

Mean. It will look a lot more evil with small race style rims I reckon. Shouldn't be too hard to find something suitable in 4x100. Can't use too much offset though but I reckon something in 8inch would look nice under those guards. 15inch race tyres seem to be pretty easy to find also. Saw another thread where guys were talking about sizes. Something around 205/45/15 would look nice on an 8.

haha fuck that reminds me i took a sweet pic. so keen for matty gunmetal powdercoat :lol:

Those mags are uncool but as cam says, for pure race stz they would be sweet. I don't think any of our cars need dedicated race tyres though. I was thinking that you were going to get a good set of wheels and tyres to do everything well.

in summer taupo will cut tyres up a bit.spare set of rubber would be nice on a car you drive daily and shit. sparkle's 5 smashed the shit out of ruber.

that said though, slicks and shit are overkill for most vehicles, although I'd lik a turn with some mean tarmac rubber on the pooj once it's got nw springs shocks and rear beam in

in summer taupo will cut tyres up a bit.spare set of rubber would be nice on a car you drive daily and shit. sparkle's 5 smashed the shit out of ruber.

that said though, slicks and shit are overkill for most vehicles, although I'd lik a turn with some mean tarmac rubber on the pooj once it's got nw springs shocks and rear beam in

Jeff/Zealot's ordered phosphur bronze bushes for beam stz. Cheap as. Had to do it after I've already put in needle bearings. Hit him up :lol:

IMO, who cares how ugly track wheels look, it's the functionality that counts (fuck, beaten by cam).

15" seems to be a good all-round diameter for small to medium sized cars, chuck on some mean sticky tyres and you're away laughing.

e.g. I scored a set of ok-condition lightweight ITR rims (like the ones on Ronny) for next to nothing.