4age not continuing to run

Guest DXTACY

allryt guys ive hada search and nuthing seems to get me anywhere so im guna ask

i have a 16v 4age in my kp61 starlet was running mint a week or 2 ago hasnt run since then , so i jump in slap the battery on and now itl crank over start up and idle for bout 4-5 seconds then just die, crank it over n itl do it again then on the third go it wont start just fire evry now n then, if i do the same and touch the throttle itl die straight away

I hard wired the fuel pumps( is running a surge tank) to the run position n doesnt change

blocked the fuel return hose from pressure reg n same sh*t

what you guys rekon?

its not bringing up any fault codes either?

cheers in advance

andrew

Curse of the 4age starlets!

Dizzy hasn't come loose and thrown the timing off has it?

All injector plugs on firmly? They break easy and once broken can easily fall off.

Plugs would be another thing to check as reptep mentioned above.

Any other problems would bring up a fault code I think.

dizzy is tight, injector plugs are all on good, checked plugs and are sweet all i have changed from when it was going is the injectors, thought it mita been them so i swapped them back but same shit :evil:

allryt i found the problem, while i was doing a mission with the test light and multimeter i found that the 2 wires on the injector plugs had power in the run position, hmmmm ok random so i disconnect battery unplug the ecu plugs and check continuity across the 2 wires and its still there, so sumwhere in the loom the trigger signal wires are joined to the power feed wires therefore not letting the injectors work!

mission tomorrow to see where its joined and fix the bugger!!

cheers for ya help guys ill let ya know how it goes

Thats what im up to now, people reckon it will have enough juice to crank over but not run the electronics and can be decieving.

as i said somewhere else that is bullshit, ecu runs on 5v, spark system is happy ~12v

also as zetec said unless a retard wired it up the injectors a grouped into pairs, all 4 should have 12v on the black-red/orange wire when the keys on

Thats what im up to now, people reckon it will have enough juice to crank over but not run the electronics and can be decieving.

as i said somewhere else that is bullshit, ecu runs on 5v, spark system is happy ~12v

Oh my bad, sorry for the missinformation :oops:

yeah i shoulda thought of that myself haha, yeah fuel pump relay is running thru ecu, i think i may have figured it out though i think its got a weak spark as i got it running lastnite and all seemed well and good once it had fired up properly

am buying new plugs leads rotor cap and getting a msd coil for it at the same time