1JZ-GTE weight W55 weight

sheepers

hey boe33ee33es

me and sam weighed my 1j using my getto scale system. we both checked the system for accuracy (by standing very still while the other one added up the weights) and we also used a W55 to check the system and it works fine.

the 1jz has no oil in it, it has no power steer pump, no air con. the flywheel and clutch were counted as well as all the intercooler pipes etc.

the results,

1jz= 225kg

W55 with dellow bellhousing= 41kg.

1jonthescales5.jpg

1jonthescales4.jpg

1jonthescales3.jpg

1jonthescales2.jpg

1jonthescales.jpg

w55bell.jpg

if you would like to add to this thread with REAL engine weights (NOT bloke down the pub told me) that you did/saw with your own eyes then go right ahead.

the information about engine weights on the net is scetchy at best so keep it accurate.

maybe if this thread takes off we could change the name and sticky it? mods? what do you think.

latter,

sheepers.

p.s. Brad, this is not an open invitation to make some crack about how you didnt think the scales would go up that high etc. sam is very sensative about this so lay off.

Bare QR20DE weights in at approximately 80kgs. Can lift it by myself with a fair bit of strain.

"approximately"???

HEY DAT 180, NO!

not trying to be a cunt but if were going to be precise about this shit then this wont do.

the reason i say this is that i have spent many, many hours trying to find actual weights for all sorts of engines on the inter web and NOTHING is accurate, every weight is contested and you will find 15 different weights for the same engine.

i would like to stop that sort of shit. just think, old school could be a fountan of knowledge, we could be famous for being a bunch of train spotter wankers!!

anyway, like i say, im not being a cunt but dont post a weight unless is the fuckin real deal and you can back it up with photos/evadence!!

at this point i should say that ive had quite a large measure of whiskey and the key board is getting a bit blury.....

see you tommorow.

sheepers.

Do people do that?

For the purposes of this and to try and get real world figures, which is what sheepers is trying to get at I think the engines should be as near as possible to complete running engines with all ancilleries on as you are going to be running it in the car. If you want to ditch powersteer/ac etc then sweet but you can't weight it without intake or exhaust manifold or even starter and alternator.

That sound about right?

not really for what it is, obviously has all the turboes manifolds etc still on, six cyl, plus, you'd be surpised what your std 1300 weighs, or even the pinto

cast iron ftl

I can say accurately that the pinto is as heavy as a motherfuck.

This now is sticky worthy.

This is a tech thread, less of this kind of spam please.