my l200

Hemi

well today i went to work and noticed a little bit of a vibration happening ...ok thought it might be time for u.js no such luck

on the way home it got worse , i stopped checked nuts on wheels and made sure nothing was rattling off

kept going its is still there , goes up with speed so gearbox or engine has nothing to do with it does it both on and off throttle ,

it goes away when i turn left :| (this scred the abosolute shit outta me )

driveshaft is not going to come off ive checked that , however i think it could be a weight has fallen off it becuase hte vibration is very high in frequency its a whirrr instead os a whop whop that a out of balance wheel would give me , im going to get tyres balanced anyhow as it is free (start cheap)

and im gonna look for missing wieghts on the d-shaft

driveshaft is not going to come off ive checked that , however i think it could be a weight has fallen off it becuase hte vibration is very high in frequency its a whirrr instead os a whop whop that a out of balance wheel would give me , im going to get tyres balanced anyhow as it is free (start cheap)

and im gonna look for missing wieghts on the d-shaft

Definately check out your tyres as this sounds like it could be a tyre prob'

as in a steelbelted tyre that has a fault (Are any of your tyres old?) It is very similar to a shagged wheel bearing noise...

8)

Try greasing the nipples on the driveshaft universals. I had a problem similar to that on my old cressy and it was dry DS universals apparantly. It was louder and vibrated more under load too because it was the rear universal and it the diff tilts foward under load.

ok the noise dont go away when turning left , just tested it again , its has to be the diff though ive figured nothing else can spin at the same frequency , the u.js have been greased and ive checked them to make sure the needlerollers havent dissolved , however one weight was starting to come off and a little further up it looks like the d/shaft has hit somthing at some stage , this could be the prob , ringing up teh driveshaft blokes 2moz