Two Days Late mk2 esky

davidian

hey, thanks man. What work have you done to yours? I still need to get this bored out and put together but apart from that the engines all there (apart from plugs etc.)

I've been told that with these manifolds its best to cut out that bit in the middle that says devlo so they're not connected as the vibrations through there can make them crack. prolly bullshit though

I've been told that with these manifolds its best to cut out that bit in the middle that says devlo so they're not connected as the vibrations through there can make them crack. prolly bullshit though

Mines been sweet as, i think we may have had to grind a tiny bit off it to get the linkage's to clear

Yeah i had it built up a few years ago, will be going back in after paint.

Your 1300 pistons should be fine in your engine comp wise-i cant give any advice on getting them machined- im running higher comp pistons than 1300 ones :wink: just run it on 95 at least

Oh ok thats good to know then. Good to hear from someone whos done it, the guys a Fisher Automotive said i'd probably need to use 2 headgaskets to bring the comp back down a bit :rolleyes:

What else have you done to yours man? are you just using the standard fuel pump or have you gone electric?

Cheers

Matt

Yeah im running a 4psi high flow electric pump, the engine was fully rebuilt with new old stock race pistons (bored to close to 1700), kelford GT+1 cam (am fitting a Kent 234 or 244 soon) and a few other bits and pieces -tidied up/ported head, locked dizzy etc

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hey, thanks man.

At the moment i'm decided on having no flares and using those TSW's that are on it now. I've tried to work out a way to flare it and keep those wheels with spacers but it just doesn't look right. If i flared it i'd have to goto a more old school wheel with some nice dish. I could end up changing my mind back before its paneled if i find some wheels i like better though.

Cheers

Matt

• 10 months later...