Fitting fuel return line.

ProZac

1256 Chevettes dont have em, If i go with either of my available engine, an a14 or a g161z, I'm going to need one, how should i go about it?

I can fit it under the car easily enough, bundy tubing i can get, but where should i plumb it back into the tank? Would the fuel filler neck be a good option?

Opinions?

Why don't you just use the return lines from the gemini or does it not have them? I know some of the early ones didn't, probably Isuzu not Holden.

Getting a return line braised onto the tank shouldn't be too costly.

Plumbing back into pre-pump can be gay as ya get a air lock goin on, had that with the LA, was fucken shit.

What carbs do they have standard?Pretty sure the dgav type webbers dont need a return, solex etc dont seem to need them either.

Guest sexychevette

g161 has a nikki carb and 1256 has zenith.

Im gona sort this in the next couple days...will check it out tomorrow. Make a mean plan or something...probably just run a line alongside the chevette one...cable ties to the brake line :lol: who knows how im gona get it into the tank tho. Def will have to do some investigation. Maybe should just put the gemini tank in as well :lol: after all it has like 10 bucks gas in it :shock:

Whatever i do will be the easiest quickest option. dont plan on keeping this engine in there for too long

I think you still need a breather aye, otherwise you get the mean vacuum pressure build up in there and the tank collapses on itself.

Oh yeah that reminds me you want a......

breather tuype cap?

Yep.

still hori as. take tank to engineers and get a pipe welded on ftw.

They just love to weld petrol tanks :wink:

Its probably not worth it if you have access to a gemini tank with a return already because they need to fill the tank with water to weld it and its millions of pissing around.

And yeah breather type cap is the one but its a cunt to even find a standard one that fits! I went through 3 gemini ones for my wagons before I figured that they are different between sedans and wagons... lucky I don't have to worry about that anymore.

still hori as. take tank to engineers and get a pipe welded on ftw.

They just love to weld petrol tanks :wink:

tell that to my old man. rofl.

compressed air to blow her out, then chuck the filler over a car exhasut for 5-10 min with it at like 2000rpm for maximum degass badness, solder shit on with coldish flame on teh gas. he's done a few holed bike tanks, 1x mini tank, 1x suzuki alto tank, for me, and countless diesel tanks (seen him do two that had half a tanks worth in them).

only thing the cunt needs to complete the full bogan package is a cig hangin' out his moufff. shame he doesn't smoke hah

Guest sexychevette
Hmmm, interesting.

The gemini tank i have is form a sedan and isnt going to fit the wagon i'd say... worth a try tho, as its got an electric pump inside it.

Mount it on the bonnet

Guest sexychevette

I have no idea what im gonig to do :x but i have five days to sort it. Sweet bowl no worries. Maybe if i get an extra big just juice bottle...pinkbats...blue food colouring. Hmmm i think im onto something :twisted:

The quick and dirty way is to use the tank breather as a return but then you need to fill it up slowly other wise it burps gas up your arm...

depends on your car.. mkII capris have two breathers, I used one as a return and its never had to fill up slow.