Done the engine conversion, Need wiring - Wellington

thegreatestben

Alright so I've done just about everything needed to get project up and running, Just intercooler and wiring to go.

So questions are, Who and how much to get wiring like this done, Have complete looms, from original engine and the new one. I have diagrams, but CBF at this stage just want to get on road.

Any ideas of cost or experiences would be helpful

Oh and none of my factory mounts (all 4 pairs) Fitted and the one pair that did, were spliting the rubbers. The 1ggte oil drain and dipstick are right in the middle of where the factory mounts go. Despite what I read on the Net I ran into alot more problems than others have had. Main thing is 1gfe mounts were cast alloy, and they don't clear all the extra stuff. Can't mod to suit either.

Not what we are talking about here though. and yes I've had a crack at trying it myself, no I don't feel confident doing it.

So you are wiring up the standard computer? That can actually get pretty pricy if you go through someone because it takes so long to get started on it. If you are doing aftermarket then you should be able to work through it with a little bit of help to get you started.

Yep Have standard ECU, Have heaps of diagrams, none of them are match what I have. The motor is GEN 3 so it has the grey plugs, with green injectors, 100% sure.

But the plugs are the same as Gen 2 ones, just the wrong colour. I can make up a little diagram or what ever, so everyone can be, Oh hey boe that is strange...

yea I'd be keen to help if I was down your ways. Anyway why did you need mounts made up mark II's came with that engine as an option

Because I did research and every one told me oh these mounts work and these mounts will work, but none of them did.

So I had to get some modified. Not completely new, but Hacked up much old ones off a 1g-e.

BTW your sig, I must be captain cool because I have one of each.

I know, I have done the research, If your questioning my ability that much I don't think I have explained very well.

It has newer style mounts, I had a GZ20 which Had the early style mounts.

The car did come with this motor factory, however the mounts That a 1ggte powered GX81 has are completely different to any other 1g engine mounts.

And I didn't like my chances of finding some in the time frame I was aiming for.

mountae4.jpg

Shane Mendoza at Mendoza Mechanical should be able to do it if you have some decent diagrams.

He did my brothers kp starlet with ca18et.

Not sure on price though. They are in Upper Hutt, wouldn't hurt to ask if he's keen or not. They are usually really busy but he's a good guy.