turboing th 910

pies

plan is to turbo the 910. would love to have it done by trackday. but god knows what will happen

so far the easiest option seems to be just bolt in the ca18et. it iwll bolt straight in gearbox mounts blah blah

next step would be a ca18det. again, same mounts and gearbox etc can be used.

are there any other cost effective options? or am i just best to buy a full turbo motor?

Can you get hold of a ca18et? Unless it is around $300 with loom I wouldnt bother.

Your prob following TM at the mo so wont comment bout the 200+ks det one that just came up for $300 buy now.

Keep an eye on the d1 forums and the Silver nz forums etc.

Also, dunno how the e clutch will hold the det power. They have pretty weak clutches even in the det model.

The gazelle has a better box I reakon. Gearstick is bout 100mm forward. Ratios I think are closer also.

What kinda money you looking at spending on one? I know a guy who took one out ages ago and it WAS under his house end of last year still.

Whats an offer to make to him. Its complete with box, loom and turbo.

Gaz

What kinda money you looking at spending on one? I know a guy who took one out ages ago and it WAS under his house end of last year still.

Whats an offer to make to him. Its complete with box, loom and turbo.

Gaz

what.. sr20det? ca18 det? et?

Jases (slidenyo) flatmate has a CA18DET sitting in a rusty 200B. Apparantly he's putting it in something else but it might be worth a PM to jase to see if the fellas keen to sell it. I'd say starting price for a complete engine would be around a grand +

rofl at gt4 sounds. Thats very important when looking for an engine transplant. Pitty gt4 doesn't have ecotec vectras.

Jases (slidenyo) flatmate has a CA18DET sitting in a rusty 200B. Apparantly he's putting it in something else but it might be worth a PM to jase to see if the fellas keen to sell it. I'd say starting price for a complete engine would be around a grand +

I was talking ca18det before.

Ca18det with box, loom and ecu for 1g is damn cheap. Id be thinking $1500 minimum if you can hear it going or they will gaurentee it running well.

Yeah I meant 1g would be a deal, but I was talking engine only anyway. I though he wanted to use stando box etc. Lots of people seem to pull them out in favour of SR's these days. I personally would go straight to the top with a FJ but thats just me.

Just under 2k is realistic at the moment for a GOOD condition DET setup

What is the transmission code on the 'bird box Pies? I'll see what I can find out for ya...

will have to check with Seedy_Al. he has it atm.

Mikuni: yea id love to run an FJ but just dont have the coin at the moment

I'm not too sure but I thought the difference between getting a CA and a FJ to fit is very minimal. Add to this the fact that a complete CA is around $1500+ and you can get a complete FJ for similar money, if not a little less.

I sold a mint FJ20DET minus manifolds and turbo for $800 at the end of last year. That was the going rate and they fluctuate a little bit, you just need to keep an eye out.

Engine conversions always cost more than you budget for, so what I'm saying is that if $3000 will get a CA in there, would you not rather spend $4000 and have an FJ instead?

Fj's for some reason are cheaper. Have to change mounts then however.

Do you want an Fj tho. They are an awsome platform to build on but personally I feel the Ca is better in standard and semi modded form.

Why would it cost 3g to get a Ca in? It already has the correct mounts etc. All ya have to do is buy a ca18det (no box) with ecu and loom and bolt the sucker in. If you had time on your hands youd net that for $1500 easy. Only other cost I can think of is fuel pump and maybe lines. Prob wouldnt even need cert.