Clutch Adjustment

peteretep

Me and fuel just put a new engine in my Galant, just cant get the clutch right, it works alright but it disengages in about the first 5cm and it seems to be done up hard. The old clutch was all good and this one had more meat on it although it used a different pressure plate.

imgp0112le0.jpg

yeah same engine(its just a daily after all), my one had done its dash (410,000kms with no work on the bottom end)

It was a different clutch because we had another one there that had more left on it than the current one, and we used the pressure plate from it too, thinking that it would be bedded in properly

I'll try turning it back tomorrow

On another note, I got a guy to give me a price on clutch today at repco, he came back and said $210 for a 'clutch kit', anyone know what a kit includes?

It's a '89 SC3H Galant GLX with 4G37 carby styles. Same as E32A import I'm sure, and others like Cordia non turbo, FWD Sigma 1.8, Chariot, Tredia etc.

I just can't remember if winding out the adjustment makes the clutch bite earlier or later, would possibly make it bite far later. I think it was at max adjustment or pretty close too it, I couldn't get it to wind in anymore.

Clutch kit includes clutch plate itself, pressure plate and release bearing which is the bearing I pointed out.

Reason we used the other pressure plate was the original pressure plate was uneven on the surface and probably would have slipped with the other clutch plate which was worn differently. Like putting new rotors in without changing brake pads almost.