modifying head to take diferent plugs

excort

has anyone ever heard of some one getting like inserts put in to the spark plug holes to take a diferent type of plug as i carnt seem to find a irdium plug that will fit my head and just got some one to order some they thought were the right size im abit anoyed caurse im more than likely gona be stuck with them now ive heard of people useing adapters that screw in to the head then the plug screws in to the adapter anyone got any ideas ? cheers

Main advantage is longer life...supposedly they give a bigger spark, but I've yet to see any valid proof of.

Yeah they're meant to last 100,000kms but if you maintain ya car then normals will do fine.

My dads van has done a little over 100,000kms on normal $4 each plugs. Never missfires, and always has decent spark. Problem is they such a cunt to get out.

I reckon he should put iridiums/platinums in and get half a million kms from them 8)

Main advantage is longer life...supposedly they give a bigger spark, but I've yet to see any valid proof of.

Yeah they're meant to last 100,000kms but if you maintain ya car then normals will do fine.

More like 80, platinums are the 100k fuckers. Stuff that, unless you've got a dirty transverse V6 then theres no point spending $20+ per plug.

Coppers are only supposed to be good for 30-50k's, but I've seen some pretty ancient ones still going :lol:

More like 80, platinums are the 100k fuckers. Stuff that, unless you've got a dirty transverse V6 then theres no point spending $20+ per plug.

Coppers are only supposed to be good for 30-50k's, but I've seen some pretty ancient ones still going :lol:

Dads is a 2.4 Delica spacewagon. 3 of the plugs cant be got at without taking out all in the intake, wiper motor and linkages, etc etc etc etc. It's a like a 4 hour job for a mechanic to do and I wouldnt exactly call my dad slow as a mechanic. Pain in the ass thing. And i've told him they wont cost 20+ each, cause I have trade account at Partmaster :D

Iridium pwns platinums!

well there supposed to any way :lol:

Guest kornstar
yeah your right they fittd my mazda anyway so not tomuch of a loss must say i did notice a incress in power and alot smoother running

Shit, the old plugs must have been rooted if ya noticed power increase.

= all in da head :lol:

waste of time

a waste of money :wink:

The smaller electrode lowers the voltage potential needed to jump the gap so they can provice a bigger spark. This will only help if the spark you were getting before the Iridiums went in wasn't ignitining the AF mix properly.

Personally Iridiums are for chasing every last bit HP and already have an electronic ignition, MSD Blaster coil, performance leads etc.