Professional Zacs Stazza

lowlancer

Don't tell me ya sold the EX!?

Dunno which is more 80s awesome, Starion or EX...I prefer Starions :D

Motor is looking very hot, although if I had the normal 8 Valve head I'd be going MPI. Like you said, TB=teh suxor

What's that turbo? Doesn't look like a TD...

Keep us updated.

Don't ya love mitsys? No one seems to want them, so cheap=for us

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i was offered way to much money for the EX, and couldnt turn it down. Theres just something about starions, i _meant_ to own one i think, its a genetic imperative.

I have an MPI manifold sitting there, needs to be cut and shut however... I rekon if im gonna do that, i may aswell just put a twin-cam engine in it. Not a hell of alot more work... Someone offer me a cheap (free) vr4 motor, go on, i dares ya.

Turbo is a TC05 12a, off a factory intercooled starion. Thats why the compressor outlet points that way by default. I have a TD05 12a off a dash motor like yours there aswell, i'll pinch the center out of it as its water cooled and run that untill i get my ass into gear and put on the big t3/4.

That is true, but would also require a 5-stud conversion, and shipping the parts and wheels from the US would be super expensive... If im gonna do it i'd swap to the bigger LSD and 6-bolt axels/cv's while im at it. Ive got some 15" black mesh wheels with a little bit of dish... they need to be a tad wider, but they'll do for now :).

That is true, but would also require a 5-stud conversion, and shipping the parts and wheels from the US would be super expensive... If im gonna do it i'd swap to the bigger LSD and 6-bolt axels/cv's while im at it. Ive got some 15" black mesh wheels with a little bit of dish... they need to be a tad wider, but they'll do for now :).

Oh yeah forgot about 4-5 stud :oops:

Those meshies will look sweet. Hopefully they sit right out in the guards

Cool bananas! starions are cool :P 1980's was the coolest decade for cars, i think.

Yes, but the 70's bought us 240z's... and lets face it, there is no sexier car on the face of the planet :).

agree with 70s, but beg to differ that the z is the sexiest. Fiat 124 sport, DB5s, /some others are the hottest for me.

• 1 month later...

Damn it I love the shape of those sapporo galant things! They are pretty rare, I don't see any around here. Thats going to be an awesome car, cleaned up and lowered with the gloss black paint.

Theres a ke70 wagon that drives around here on turbos with small tires stretched on and they look fuckn cool, seriously. I never thought I'd say that about turbos but you should give it a go.

Ahh so you are the one who bought it ;) I was keeping an eye on that auction. I could have bought one of them a couple years ago but the body was pretty rough and had a cracked windscreen and I figured it would be super hard to get parts for.

What are you going to do with the starion?

Motors ready to pop out... only thing that stopped me doing it this evening was removing the interior trim and shifter itself.... Haven't done it on one of these before and it was a little involved, and it was raining, and I'm a fucking pussy...

But i am off work for another 7 days, so i've got nothing but time, baby.

Fuck yes, I've got a nice intercooler to go in the front, its got a fucking huge oil cooler in there already, so thats sweet. My flatmate bought those Mitsy turbo bits on trademe, there were a couple of TC06's in there, so I'll do an 05/06 hybrid and she'll be cranking :). There are some 12" thermofans sitting at work for me (im a repco slut)... Thats about as far as you can go on mods with the factory computer before shit starts getting fucked up. Should make for a sweet machine though... Burnout action coming this way.

i've got one of those oil coolers sitting in the garage, took it off a galant turbo a while back. you want it caboonatlarge????? i'll rip that master cylinder off tonight too, didn't get a chance last night, didn't get home til after 10.

cheers

Matt