Pie's MkII

CaMpylobacter

what sorta motor do you fullas think i should be running?

so far the thoughts are towards a 3s of sorts. weather i start with a Beams altezza motor or go with a gen 3 3SGTE is my main thoughts at the moment

any other suggestions?

mainly doing it up as a cruiser/occasional drag car

The beams engine owuld be worth heaps.

Go the 3sgte or 1j :P

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

149kw in 1997 and 154kw from 1998 on in the altezza, according to wikipedia.

Use the gen 3 motor from the curren. Sounds insane in NA form as it uses some weird ACIS acoustic controlled induction system or some shit. Anyway, need to look into it more but they sound insane.

its definate4ly tempting. specially since the 3sgte requires modifacation to turn it to rwd. normally being mounted on a lean would mean modifacation to the w55 bellhousing or standing the motor up right. then i would run into issues with oil drains and shit. where as the beams is already set up from rwd. would just have to figure out weather i can use the w55 box or would i go to 6 speed altezza one. altezza one is hellishly expensive from what ive heard :(

i can get beams for sub $1k. besides, im not really too worried on spending money on this. tis gonna be all done properly

How? Thats awesome, I'd be doing that first of all in that case. I wouldn't imagine it being the fastest thing in the world though, just because of slight lack of torque and a pretty big car, but will still be insane NA power. Verry cool, and then get some ITB's and you'll be away.

I would guess toyota would have left the bellhousing the same for the S block so there shouldn't be any reason you can't use the w55. This conversion has been done a little bit already in dx's and 86's etc so you should be able to find a little bit of info on it.