sanding down floorpan etc

peteretep

So I want to sand down my floorpan, im thinking wire wheel on a drill or grinder.

It has a rust hole in the front passenger side footwell which I will get welded up by a panel beater when I get my engine bay painted.

So what I would like to know is what do I put on the bare metal? I dont really care what it is but I want it to be very rust proof as it will have carpet etc over it. And would you recommend me filling up the little drain holes? (I assume thats what they are)

wire wheel in a grinder works pretty well if you end up going that way. Did the bed of my ute in about 4 hours. fucken noisy tho, needed bits of toilet paper stuffed in my ears cos my old man swiped my muffs.

Your floor doesn't look that bad though don't think I'd bother with bare metal. That brush on bedliner they sell at supercheap is real good for floors. it's basically a plastic coating so it resists scuffing and is nice and waterproof.

I went to colourworks and the guy wasnt very helpful and didnt have much selection of POR15.

Then I went to Mitre 10 where they had the exact wire brush in the pic(for about $34) and a couple of other similar ones, too bad I dont know what size angle grinder I have... and its at my bach :cry: