Jafas Lil 1300

Muzzie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yep, decided to jump on oldschool a few months back and see what was up

The "thing" on the exhaust is a cheapo repco tip, cause even though it looks gross it looks 300x better than the tiny little rusted thing thats on there now :lol:

Future plans, ummm at the moment get it road legal :D haha. Not modifying it really, trying to pick up a cheap cd player for it so there is some music but no luck so far, and then maybe eventually a new 2" exhaust (not loud, just shiny and NOT RUSTED), and maybe look at another air filter option. Some nice rims would be good, the stocks 12s don't do much for it

My dream would be to turbo it or do a transplant, but doubt that will ever happen

Drove it back home from our hangar tonight, in the rain :(, so its here now so no excuse to get the last few things done for a WOF!

And yea, not sure whats happening with the plates, no idea what the story is. My mum mentioned something about the whole "changing from old style to that style plates" and that maybe the owner at the time took a while to get them changed or something along those lines, not sure I will have to ask again

Rego sticker says it was first registered in NZ in 9/71 so yea

Guest sexychevette

I dare you!- to put a really, really, really massive rice canon, onto this beast :twisted: haha like 5 inch wide or some shit (on an angle= gangstuh)

You should also make it very low. Very low :wink:

Guest sexychevette

Main Entry: 1mat

Variants: or matt or matte /'mat/

Function: adjective

1 : lacking or deprived of luster or gloss : having a usually smooth even surface free from shine or highlights

2 : having a coarse rough rugose or granular surface

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

:lol:

Main Entry: 1mat

Variants: or matt or matte /'mat/

Function: adjective

1 : lacking or deprived of luster or gloss : having a usually smooth even surface free from shine or highlights

2 : having a coarse rough rugose or granular surface

3: retard's choice of colour,owner's are often homosexual

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

:lol: at $3 a can you can't go wrong guys!!

Na, back in the day (22 years ago) it had 100 hours of respray put into it, with 13 coats overall after taken back to almost bare metal, and it only cost $300 haha, how awesome is that. And that was a VERY big job back in the early 80's

Its in at Geddes now, fixed over the next 2 days and pick it up thursday afternoon.

Next mod will be exhaust, I don't really like the tip either especially now its all corroded almost as bad as the actual exhaust. And no not a fart cannon :lol: A stylish exhaust if I may say so, if Geddes do a good job then I will go back to them for the exhaust, they seem to be a fairly good garage from what I have seen today.

Eventually want some nice old style rims for it, no idea what the PCD is though (have looked long and hard, google says nothing, these forums say nothing, other places = nothing), anyone confirm if they are just the same as a mini of similar age?

stud patteren, im not 100% sure but may be same as mini:

4x4" or 4x101.6something.

as for exhaust. try get a nice coby setup, i had mine done thru pitstop, did a good job, was cheap and consisted of:

1 and 7/8" straight thru pipe from the extractors to the coby resonator and out the back, thats it, isnt loud loud but sounds real nice

:wink:

stud patteren, im not 100% sure but may be same as mini:

4x4" or 4x101.6something.

as for exhaust. try get a nice coby setup, i had mine done thru pitstop, did a good job, was cheap and consisted of:

1 and 7/8" straight thru pipe from the extractors to the coby resonator and out the back, thats it, isnt loud loud but sounds real nice

:wink:

they're, funnily enough, 4x4.5"

mate had a riley kestrel wiht 14x8" tridents on it for paddock stz