thminiman's impz0r

avenger79

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm back on this side of the Tasman....

What engine do you intend running in the car, original Imp block ....or something else?

If you are intending racing it with the original Imp motor, you are gonna need deep pockets to generate any "real" HP. The standard Imp block is pretty much all over at 998cc, and you really probably dont want anything hotter than a R20 cam. This was part of the reason I got out of Imps. The stock motor is extremely strong but once you go looking at 998 block etc, the dosh doesnt stack up. You will pay a lot less to get better HP out of a Kent or A series engine, and there are more parts around.

I'm not saying dont do it, but do your research before committing too much.

Some things to look out for.....

Check all the front suspension mounts on the body pan for cracks. If the car has had an accident, the front suspension mounting points can crack along the reinforcing plates

Never engage reverse while moving forward, the reverse idler gear is as weak as fcuk, and will destroy teeth very quickly.

nah aparently they handle prety good...

i think due to the engine angle, it has a relatively low centre of gravity.

petrol tank in the front evens up the weight distribution. it theoretically has independant rear suspention.

once im finished 'the build' im thinking weight distribution will be close to perfect, and the car will be low, light and fast with decent traction with wider wheels.

so, finger's crossed it will handle pretty well

• 3 weeks later...