thminiman's impz0r

avenger79

try and take a pic man, could be interesting

If i can remember to take the camera il get one today, its up on a shipping container as a display type thing (used to be a 100E Anglia before it)

Edit: WDE_BDY may know what it is

Iv been down there twice but forgot the camera the 1st time and the batteries

were flat the 2nd, am thinking it may be a real early colt coupe, im sure i saw

it years ago.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ATTN: callum

ok, im looking into re-registering it etc at the mo... as id like to have the 'rego on hold' status on the car in order to make the certing easier and the whole process worthwile as im wanting it road legal i need to know it's a car that can go on the road.

so, anyway, ive got a couple of questions...

the situation:

-The car has a oldschool wof sticker on it, but i cant read anything on it (old number plate etc)

-the car has its standard chassis plate on it, and no sign of a VIN plate being added so the would have used the factory chassis code in the reg system.

I Imagine i can find out the old number plate with the Chassis code in this case, if the chassis code is kept in their system.

so, the car isnt really in any state to attempt to get a wof, and therefore get a rego, or in this case re-rego. so can i just go and get a rego and immediately put it on hold without having to get a WOF?

if not, what can i do to ensure that i will be able to get a wof rego and cert after i have finished building the car?

or, should i try and find some plates and tags... i would rather not do this tho...

thanks very much man... the thing that helps me is that i have some access to the database thru my work and the LTSA guy there... i HOPE i can search by chassis number as the wof sticker is far too faded/old to see any numbers.

but yea, if you find out any more that would be very appreciative

rxsumo:

research:

http://www.theimpclub.co.uk/forum/viewt ... sc&start=0

This guys used a fiat cinquensomething radiator. the positive being the inlets/outlets are on the same side = less piping and tidier.

i think the rad is similar to a fiat uno turbo rad, which i can get in NZ.

also the guy/\ has built an air flow box(in front of the rad) in order to make sure air has to go thru the rad, then he has a vent at the bottom of the spare wheel well to get rid of the hot air. On top of this, id plan to make something to direct the air back out after it has gone thru the radiator.

have a look thru the first page of this thread for the principle. and other ideas to do with re-strengthening after taking out the heater box.

as of the pipes heating the fuel, im not sure how much difference it would make as the pipes ente into like this which is quite far forward in comparison to most of the fuel tank. Also as it's for competition i may be running a different fuel tank so can make a heat deflector if possible.

pipentryli8.png

Also, as for the pipes going thru the cabin, my plan is to box off the pipes, then underneath the car have a few vents(and perhaps scoops to direct the air in) going into the box to keep the temperature inside the box as low as possible.

heaps more other threads about the conversions and different ways of doing it here...

http://www.theimpclub.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

so, after all of this, basicaly the only thing i see as problematic is weather i can just completely ditch the heater system? i dont see why id need it for competition. Is it a road legal thing? my idea was just get air piping to go permanently blow onto the screen, driver and co-driver...

mega, looks as tho i can get the wheels i want (the ones on the imp on my prject thread) a guy down in chch is a contractor/importer for compomotive in nz.

dunno how much they'll cost but am happy as now i dont have to import them myself which would be expensive.

am gonna put the link here so i dont loose it

http://www.simoncurry.co.nz/compomotive.html