- twin 40mm dellortos (have already)

- bcf2 cam (hopefully getting)

- 1300 HC pistons, slight oversize pistons

- extractors (coby) (have already)

How does this sound?

Est hp?

recomendations?

Any advise or help would awsome.

Not so sure on the coby extractors - I have heard they are shit? But should be better than the stock manifold anyway.

But a raise in compression, better induction and a more agressive cam is a good start. But with all engine mods - without a 'good' flowing head you wont get all the benefits. So some $$ on porting might be a good idea.

pretty expensive to get these flowed as they're iron and take so long. If you've got a die grinder you might want to do what I did - find someone who used to do a lot of xflow heads and get them to do one inlet and one exhaust port for you, then do the rest yourself as close to that as you can. Took me quite a few lunch times at work but i ended up with a nice head for fifty quid.

double valve springs would be good to get hold of too.

pretty expensive to get these flowed as they're iron and take so long. If you've got a die grinder you might want to do what I did - find someone who used to do a lot of xflow heads and get them to do one inlet and one exhaust port for you, then do the rest yourself as close to that as you can. Took me quite a few lunch times at work but i ended up with a nice head for fifty quid.

Thats a real good idea if your on a budget.

Also paying for the head to be crack tested is worth it.

Thats a real good idea if your on a budget.

Also paying for the head to be crack tested is worth it.

Concur! had mine tested before the ports were tidy'd up

• 2 months later...
Guest head_tech

argh the old 1600 xflow, ive had a few of these and one close to your specs that put out aruond 110hp at fly wheel, the heads sure need opening up on those xflow motors and you can squeeze 2L valves in there to from memeory...its been awhile