OSC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ spoken like a true God.

Was wondering where youd got to.

Bit off topic but, Bringing back any ford shit?

mate, I've been in the UK for a month now and I haven't seen one oldschool car!.. oh except an old merc and a triumph spitfire.

nothing.. they all drive the gayest hatchbacks you ever would have seen. Saxos and novas and gay renos.. they all look the same and they all are mega gaymo. They just stick plastic shit all over them with tints and a fart cannon. Like big bonnet scoops.. wait.. is that actually a scoop? oh.. no its not.. it's just a weird lump of plastic stuck on. lame.

back on topic guys. :wink:

• 2 months later...
mate you mite be pushing it to make 200rwkw. both me and rt r running around 20psi and make 120 - 140 rwkw injected and intercooled. we just have stump pulling torque. u will have to be intercooled if you run that much boost with out trick knock sensers etc. good luck tho, iv got one of those superchargers and they are quite big and the pully is huge so lots of room to improve it.

er hrm.. I make 180rwhp.. and thats with a shitty exhaust. With a new system I could make 200rwhp easily. And btw.. thats with a small T28.. I'm about to fit a T3/T4 and see what happens..

mate you mite be pushing it to make 200rwkw. both me and rt r running around 20psi and make 120 - 140 rwkw injected and intercooled. we just have stump pulling torque. u will have to be intercooled if you run that much boost with out trick knock sensers etc. good luck tho, iv got one of those superchargers and they are quite big and the pully is huge so lots of room to improve it.

er hrm.. I make 180rwhp.. and thats with a shitty exhaust. With a new system I could make 200rwhp easily. And btw.. thats with a small T28.. I'm about to fit a T3/T4 and see what happens..

RT, they were talking kilowatt.

id be interested to know how much you make with the t3/t4 rt as i think thats what id be lookin at im going to do a decent rod/piston in it too and if i can find an injection pinto head and work that i think 200rwkw isnt too far out of the equation i will probs also use water injection just to ensure reliability at higher boost levels 200rwkw is about 260hp at the wheels so about 300 at the flywheel and you arent too far of that with a small turbo so yeah but any advice as to what does/doesnt work would be appreciated i believe 200rwkw would be possible supercharged carb but would require a very large amount of money and be much less driveable on the st then a injected turbo

200kw is 268horsies.

RT currently has 180horsies.

88horsies or 65kw @ wheels is alot of power extra to make on an already high boosted engine.

RT has done porting, forgies, etc.

Im not saying its not doable its just a big ask from the engine on a first time build. Id expect that kind of power after trials of stuff.

i totally agree the 1st build i do will be a stuff up probs run like shit and make stuff all power but thats why im interested in what rt has to say i know it can be done or they wouldnt be able to build 450hp examples but the question is how cheaply im jst interested eitha way i will jst keep fiddling till i get it but the closer i can get on my first time round the less money it will cost in the end

selling supercharger atm and probs start building engine in cuple of months realistically after car is painted nd then jst as money allows i gues but yeah jst gathering parts for it at mo if you now anyone with a v4 link for sale at a decent price im fairly interested as i have a m8 who has done alot with link computers ie tuning etc and has all the software so will save abit of money there tho ill still get the final tuning session on the dyno but he can atleast tune it so it runs half decent

well interesting enough I've this night decided to bail on the t3/t4.

Sure.. I expect I could have made close to 400hp on it.. but it definately is stretching the boundaries of the poor old pinto. And to be honest 400hp at 4,000rpm all in one hit which is how such a turbo would react just isn't the type of usable power that I'm after.

My existing T28 is rated for 340hp so I plan on re-working the exhaust and manifold etc to make use of that and see how I go. I'm hoping to see between 220-240hp at the rears next dyno run.

one big gay lag and then 400 ponies at 4,000rpm would have just been gay. Twist my chassis and probably spin my car off the road. So meh.. I'd rather have usable power and get down the road quicker.

If you really want to have that kind of pinto power you need to talk to the boys from Malta. But bear in mind that they spend a fuck load of cash on theirs and no exactly what they are doing. Plus.. they are dedicated drag cars not to be taking 'for a cruise' or to the movies.

• 1 month later...