rear shocks-which?....

yoeddynz

im not 100% sure on why they need to have 20mm extra, maybe in case it sheers the bolts?? i was just told that it needed to be that way, snells springs was the only place in Auckland that we could find that made car grade U bolts, they have to be really tough

archer ftw , make leafs for trucks to has to be good , with the u bolts i think its just there for a safety thing in cade the bolt decides to come undone (it has no washer and threadlock it place) ...thats a stab in dark tho

When I was doing my apprenticeship as a fitter turner i spent 3 months in the blacksmith shop helping to make springs- I used to make up U bolts and if I remember correctly it was just high tensile bar- nothing flash or exotic.

Drove car tonight with new bushes and steering sorted out- wow- loads better. When i flick the steering wheel the car actually moves- it doesnt have a meeting and discuss what todays movements should be then pass a vote...

And road moise hasn't increased much either :D

Guest WESTCORT

ive put full nolathanes in the esky front back for everything they made a huge difference themselves. the only complaint is the design flaw for the rear swaybar mounts to the chassis rails the bushing didnt come with a big enough washer(i assumed it would be fine since it came off the shelf) and the bushing has pulled itself over the nut on the rear so i cant take the swaybar out now without butchering the bushing :? .

got gabriels in the back and munroes in the front. kings lows in the front and standard leaves in the back reset 3" with an extra leaf so 2" net drop.

handling is amasing virtually no body roll but its pretty bouncy and a bit intense when driving on a shit road but the handling makes up for this fact so im happy.

paid $200 for my munroes, $50 for my kings $10 for my gabriels and $210 for my reset rear springs with extra leaf and about $300 for my full nolathane set.

My car has the swaybar mounts on the top of axle but can't see any mounting points on car.

where does it mount to car and does a mk 2 one fit a mk!?

If so- anyone got one kicking about they might wanna sell?

alex