wanted: go fast bits for cortina/sierra 2Ltr + sierra 5spd

You want big power and are going to use the type 9?

And whats wrong with that?!? They handle a lot of shit behind zetechs/capri v6s/vauxhall xe's/turbo pintos etc etc

I have no idea what kinda power this guy wants. When he says big power im thinking 300+hp 205 block with cossie head :twisted: and the type9 wont like that one bit especially on the track being thrashed.

at this stage im looking at pouring 6 grand into the engine alone, if the driveline breaks... good as!!! i love it when shit breaks, it gives me an excuse to spend money and time on/with my girl and not on my missus!!!!

she hates my car!!! lol

and i hate her f##king garden!!!! hmmm give me an idea, perhaps i should arrange a rallicross and a bit of landscaping!!! she'd love that!!! :evil:

at this stage im looking at pouring 6 grand into the engine alone, if the driveline breaks... good as!!! i love it when shit breaks, it gives me an excuse to spend money and time on/with my girl and not on my missus!!!!
Haha good man! Anyway if you want the 5spd send me a pm.

6 grand is feck all on the engine unless you are doing alot yourself.

Quick rundown

Forgies - $1500 NEW

High comp head gasket - $200

Rebore + cracktest - $250

Balance - $500

Clutch - $500

Head work - $1500

Cam + cam gear - $400

Rods - $500

Twin 48s + manifold - $1500

Fuel Pump - $300

Tune - $1000

Ignition system - $400

32inch Extractors - $500

gbox - $200 aprox

Thats over your budget and I missed heaps of little shit out. But If you did that and the headwork + tune was done well then you could possiably nab close to 200hp. It would be a high rev high matenence engine however.

You should have a look into buying Joshs pinto. he has JUST spent 7-8000 on it and is selling it for way cheaper than that. He has all recipts etc. Would save you money no doubt.