Primer

thminiman

ok, this weekend im in the process of prepping my front end for paint, i went to colourworks (car paint shop) during the week.

i noticed there were a couple of different types of primer and im a bit confused as to what type would be the best,

my scenario is: ive sanded/stripped back to bare metal and am wet/drying it now to get a mint surface.

my main question is, wat is etch primer and what are the benefits (if any) of it compared to normal primer?

thanks, any advice would be appreciated

meh, i dunno if ive heard of 3k,

anyway, i imagine im using just 1k as when i talked to the person at colorworks (where im getting the paint from) he only talked about me needing thinner, which is what i was expecting

Are you painting that blue mini? Anyways

http://71mini.myphotoalbum.com/

^^link to some photos from when I painted my mini. The black paint is etch primer. Grey = normal primer, blue and white are acrylic laquers (1k). I reckon you should paint over the etch primer with normal primer before your top coat. On the corner of my white roof the etch primer is starting to show through the white. Weird cos it buffs off but then reappears later.

ppg=dulon

Not always, we used ppg quick dry acrillic on my old boss's Val,

and iv got ppg spraying enamel for my esky(but will probly end up using house of colour or spies heckler)

dulon is a version of ppgs range

also i lol @SPIES HECKLER