Lowering issues - Camber adjustment on geminis

mikuni

You can get them stretched out by a machine that bolts onto your hub and pulls the gaurd out as much as possiable. Or you can just bend the lip of the gaurd up.

Or you can do what I have had done and get triangle cuts in the gaurds then pump them out and get the holes filled. This is probably the way to get them out as much as possiable.

ohk yea iv rolled the rear guards all the way and i dont see the front guard as being hard as its 1 peice, but the rear is 2 peices pressed 2gethta and its the inner part that realy needs 2 be modified. like mini tubs would be perfect but yea........ something more realistic i think... unless its not as hard as i think but doubt it.

Heres a link to ozgemini regarding the balljoint camber adjustment that might be of interest to gemini/chevette guys.

http://www.ozgemini.com/viewtopic.php?t ... balljoints

Some balljoints are offset, some are not. Thats why some confusion may have been caused.

Slotting the holes may also be abit dodgy, one guy mentions that the balljoint has a straight cut in one side as it needs to clear the shock mount, so I'll look into that more.. but I've found on ozgem people have a tendency to say things even if they have no idea what they are talking about :D

what offset wheels do you run??? mine didn't touch unless on full lock camber did its job the rest of the time i was planning to build stopers for the steering because it wasn't hitting by much.

all it takes to get pink stickered is a dumb arse cop and we all no how many of those are out there :rolleyes:

what offset wheels do you run??? mine didn't touch unless on full lock camber did its job the rest of the time i was planning to build stopers for the steering because it wasn't hitting by much.

all it takes to get pink stickered is a dumb arse cop and we all no how many of those are out there :rolleyes:

I think my wheels are p40.. maybe 42. I can't remember but I'm happy with them, they touch on the inside at full lock, don't touch the shock and are as close to the guard as I want to go so I don't think offset could be any better than it is. The camber thing won't work unless I slot the holes which I'm not sure I want to do.

And yeh, the real problem with cops is that they don't actually know all the rules. Sometimes they can sticker you for things which aren't even illegal. Often this isn't the case though.. alot of them go easy when they see you're not a wanky boy racer in a h*nda ( :oops: )

people have a tendency to say things even if they have no idea what they are talking about :D

Welcome to the world of forums. This ones not to bad for some reason. NZPC is shocking.

nah bo just change to falcon struts with drum brakes au, will work and if it doesnt then you did it wrong, damn im hot

that sounds like something cam/sparkle would say (after all they are the same person ay? :P )

p48 is pretty insane. My car will deffinately be fine as far as being low enough to clear the shocks, but you start running into issues when its jacked up. I'm pretty sure you'd fail a cert/wof if your wheels sit on the shocks at full droop.

Anyway I've managed to track down everything needed now. Full nolathane control arm bushings, sway bar (bushings also), ball joints and shocks from some crazy fiat or something that are pretty small. Should have some pics sussed of it crazy low soon.

nah bo just change to falcon struts with drum brakes au, will work and if it doesnt then you did it wrong, damn im hot

that sounds like something cam/sparkle would say (after all they are the same person ay? :P )

hey! Im a decent contributer to this forum... :lol:

hey! Im a decent contributer to this forum... :lol:

ofcourse you are man, wouldn't be the same without you.

I saw the last post in this thread was by you, and I thought to myself how strange it seemed that you would post in a tech thread about geminis etc :D

p48 is pretty insane. My car will deffinately be fine as far as being low enough to clear the shocks, but you start running into issues when its jacked up. I'm pretty sure you'd fail a cert/wof if your wheels sit on the shocks at full droop.

Anyway I've managed to track down everything needed now. Full nolathane control arm bushings, sway bar (bushings also), ball joints and shocks from some crazy fiat or something that are pretty small. Should have some pics sussed of it crazy low soon.

i ran short shocks out of a van so it never hit :D

Yeh i know ay. It'll look the part hopefully. I just had a look and my front shocks are out of a suzuki sj4, and my rears are out of an isuzu rodeo i think. They are nice and short. I spent $450 on bushings and shocks so far with more than double that to go for pan-hard, sway bar and springs.