head gaskets

davidian

thanks heap.

yeah most of those pieces eg. pumps, driveline etc. ill worry about later

i like those pistons i just have to find out if pinto block takes cossies.

you reckon 205 rods are up to the task?

and yeah dont really wanna spend 2g on a turbine. probably end up with a t3/4, 28 or something along those lines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its all about learning how to do it while doing it, not paying others to

what i spend on the engine Ill save in base engine/box costs as well as fabrication costs on the car ie. tunnel, xmember etc etc

base pinto $50, Base AGE/SR/etc with box- who fuckin knows as popularity soares. plus it'd need to be worked anyways

Yeap there is a pic on RTs site of 205 rods next to standard one if your interested. The 205 block is better. before spending 450 on pistons I would find out if they are factory forged or not. If they are just a stronger standard piston with better compression ratios I wouldnt bother.

What are aux shaft bearings?

The hex shaft for the oil pump also is also not availiable in NZ. I brought 4 from Burton ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you could use Wisco. Slightly better rep than ACL but probs only because ACL is sold at repco.

If you still want forged you should look into custom pistons. Cant remember the name of the place that do them but I have an email from them years ago. Its worth doing.

lols

as far as i know repco only do ACL stock items not like their "race series":

forged-pistons.jpg

more like:

ACL has worked closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers in the design and development of a range of pistons and piston assemblies for local and export engine programs. It is

so yeah if i was gonna get stockers id rock that northland dude before succumbing to ripco

fuck, my best price on "piston kit" 0.50 o/s = round 3 hundy. duno if it includes rings, would expect it does though. can't be bothered looking further into it etc

Dunno how that bowdin engine parts place is making money. basically any pistons they have (and they have heaps) are between $40-$55 with rings.

Deals.

my cosworth ones are dished with cut outs for valves, not that the cutouts do anything cos its nt a 16valve head like they are designd for. the cosworth items are forged and the pin height is about 60thou less than pinto ones, therefore the stop that far short of the deck. i dont know the exact new cr with these pistons-rt mite do...... they are floating pin tho so you either hone the 205 rod to suit or you do what i did and press them through the rod as usual, less complacited. also cosworth and pinto have the same standart bore size