Datsun 1200 Ute - 4age?

Sohc My Dohc

As a plan i have been thinking and decided on a 1984 datsun 1200 ute

reason - just the looks and style, they sucked me in and now i want one

but heres were im kinda stuck..... what the hell can i do to the motor im not looking for huge power i considered a 13b

but i also have a 4age 86 mr2

so if i can rip the motor out of that....

im just looking for any ideas and trying to keep 4cyl if i can

any help is apreciated (sorry for the spelling)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a feature in an Oz mag a while back on two 4AGE powered 1200 utes, one running a 100kw job and the other a supercharged 4AGZE. Apparently a fairly common swap due to the smallish size of the 4A. Grab your tape measure and see how it looks, biggest issue will be getting the RWD T50 box and bellhousing you will need for a reasonable price.

Personally, I would play with an A15. No one else seems to anymore.

Or just go nuts and cut the whole rear out of the MR2 and mount it in the tray so its rear engined. That would be different. :twisted:

Callum

i like the way this man thinks.

go for it.

A15's a go go also. could adapt a SC12 blower to it.

sell me the 4age :)

illd love to sell it to you but at the moment i need it to drive my mr2 but i will remember your name so when i come to seling it (if i get a 20valve)

i got most of that info, i think, im just looking for cheep and eazy thats faster than the stock shit, i dont like taking all day to get to 100 on the motorway

im also not put off if its been done heaps im not trying to be different, just tryna have sum fun when i have free time playing around on it

and for the vtec - all the lag of a turbo and none of the power( but ill admit the s2000 is a beautiful car) im just not much of a honda man, but any more ideas that are eazy will help me out soo much to try and decide

thanks heaps already

Maybe if your not going for full power but want a quick reving little car still nissan why not a ca18de or a ca16de. or even a sr18de. All those engines rev quick and have good power. Id say the ca16de is similar to a 4age power wise and feel to rev.

But then some will say. If your doing that why not use the turbo version of those engines.

The big answer is cost.