RT's Capri

Guest madrx4

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I negotiated a deal on engine for $1100... then took it apart and found how fucked it was. Got the dude to come around to my house and see for himself. I said.. look at this.. now this.. and see how worn this is...

no arguement and he gave me a $400 refund which puts it on $700 which is the going price for a windsor V8 needing a rebuild.

rebuild is gonna cost about $3,000 mates rates.. mounts were $1,000..

need a computer.. another $1,000.. extractors from australia $800...

Cobra manifold from USA $700.. C4 rebuild with shiftkit who knows..

I can see all this costing me about $10,000 in the end.. :rolleyes:

because I could buy a kit to fit the windsor.. kinda makes things much easier and a 302 is a perfect size, the 351 being slightly cunty and a clevo just being a pain in the ass.

I can get everything I want out of the cobra 5.0L

RScort, nah I got a mint second hand one eh! :P

• 1 month later...

well things are going along painfully slowly and equally painfully expensively..

So far.. the kit has only just left the US coast.. so will be months away yet.

I have a 70mm Edelbrock throttlebody here which is nice..

I have had the heads dipped and stripped.. and about to get ported and polished by nismo when he gets the chance.

And I picked up my Kelford Roller camshaft and a new set of hydralic lifters

yeah.. :( up keeping accounts.. so far it's 4K.. and I have a rebuilt block on the way to pay for.

Its basically going to be 7K, and I have managed to get everything together, rebuilt V8, computer, C4 auto, mounts, stater motor, intake etc.

but nothing left for: radiator, hoseing, wiring loom, fluids, connections, driveshaft, springs, certification or any body strengthening I wanted to do.. lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

looking good RT. That motor is super tidy. Got to love the carb option :) I see you're reasoning.

Will be awesome in 1-2 years when everyone has all there rides up and ready

That will never happen man. As soon as a car becomes "ready" its straight back off the road again for something different.

looking good RT. That motor is super tidy. Got to love the carb option :) I see you're reasoning.
Will be awesome in 1-2 years when everyone has all there rides up and ready

That will never happen man. As soon as a car becomes "ready" its straight back off the road again for something different.

One can always dream..