RT's Capri

Guest madrx4

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah churs. yeah motor and gearbox cost me $10k so far.. :?

I doubt it's the most expensive OS build though. I'd say josh's cost more than mine. He'd like had several paintjobs and flash interior and so forth. Mines not really show quality I don't reckon, just want it to go fast.

yeah looking at running in on a Holley 600 and then swapping to a Holley TBi injection setup. (Just bought one today!) I'm not keen to run in such an expensive build on an untuned efi setup. So carb will be required.

the Holley TBi looks like a carb and will hide in the bugcatcher nicely.

I got a good score on a Holley 900cfm throttlebody injection unit.

it's one part of a full kit that Holley supplies in the states call projection. They supply it with all the software and sensors and shit but it's like $US1500. The first system is analog and is pretty average for tuning apparently. The later ones are programmable via laptop.. but still sounds average compare to LINK or Haltech etc.

As I only have the unit I will be hooking it up to a link.

The only problem is.. there is a chance that it's too big. Holley says for the 900cfm series suits engines of at least 350ci and at least 300hp. Best for big blocks up to 700hp.

Mine is 302ci but about 350hp... so it might just be big enough. A 700cfm unit would have been better.. If I find out it's too big I'll just sell it.

I've been chatting to a dude using a 900 on his 351 windsor.. he had overfueling probs but managed to sort it. Halved the fuel pressure and ran the injectors at 50% duty cycle.

As for the manifold. I sold my Edelbrock EFi performer and will be buying a Crosswind manifold, it's a knock off of the latest Edelbrock Air Gap Performer series.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope after all this my engine doesn't need uprating. It's gonna be more than enough for me and 1000kgs of ford. Got a carb to get it started!

Just a Holley 600 VS. But it's re-kitted and polished.. overkill when I'm swapping to the TBi but hey.. re-sale value. :wink:

cheers well I'm glad to sway your opinion on v8s lol.. certainly wouldn't look right with a rotary in there! :wink:

don't get me wrong, your typical rotary swap gets a 'meh' too (with the exception of a certain cortina stationwagon). :lol:

i'm all for ford engine's in ford cars, i just thought the turbo pinto was a sweet option but this is looking a hell of a lot better than that.

cheers

Matt

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3286/bafflecn5.jpg

good work on the sump, top plates are the way to go, preferably at the exact level that will be under it when oil is flying around up in the head at high revs. could it have gone any higher? or would the crank etc fowl it if you did?

all those people that install trap doors in their wings are sadly mistaken unless the roof height of the wings is way excessive.

engine looks great :-)

fred.

it was a good job on the sump but that sump didn't fit. It was supplied to me as part of a kit.. but we couldn't get the engine back far enough with the c4 on to clear the K-member. I happened to have a dual-pan sump that fits. Will have to get another baffle made I guess :(

the main thing is to do just what you did and go over the top of the lowest level the oil will be at when its being caned the hardest. also stops the wind whipping it up too.

heres mine for inspiration if you want some :

outside of it :

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/ ... sump-5.jpg

inside pre top :

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/ ... fter-1.jpg

inside with top :

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/ ... sump-7.jpg

i guestimated that about 20mm of oil would end up floating around in the head and what have you at full noise. i used a windage tray/scraper above it too : http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/ ... 0_3715.jpg

what is a dual pan setup? is there a pic of it up in there somewhere?

fred.

what is a dual pan setup? is there a pic of it up in there somewhere?

fred.

lols your sump is extreme bro. I don't need anything like that! los.

Yeah the dual sump is from an early bronco and looks kinda like this:

OIL351PAN.JPG

Its strange cos I emailed the guy who sent me the kit and he says the rear-pan sump is THE one people use for V8 capris. But I don't think it could fit without some serious notching. Where as the dual-sump works a treat.