Datsun 120y ?TURBO?

DATSIK

Yep i like the sound of the a15 aye thats would be wikked!!!!!!

ok i'll send u guy the pic after wrk because there on my hme computer.

Its pritty highly tuned running at 20degrees b4 top dead center which is nuts

Im taking it to the drags tonight in lower hutt in welly so if n e 1 in welly goes say hi it's baby blue. you'll here it coming!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm with the others... WTF is an A20?!? :lol:

Heaps of datto info at http://www.datsun.co.nz

Kerryn with the SR20DET 1200 ute is DRFGRL

There are PLENTY of different engine and aspiration options for the B210s, but as always it fully depends on amount of money and commitment you've got!

I'll be down in Welly on Waitangi weekend, would be keen to come meet up with ya and check this beast out! Prob won't have any of my Dattos down there though... will have to see. Otherwise there will be a convoy of Dattos heading down to Dunedin at the end of Feb for our big Southern Festival of Speed show/meet. Gimme a yell on 027 2548017 if you are keen.

yeah im part of the datsun owners club and their all gunna meet me n the datsun on the way through which is wikked . Hope none of em have a pimped 120y!

I'v got heaps of commitment ( im 16 left school to do a 3 year long engineering degree!! Im commited!) Not so much in the money department but if theirs an engine that would go well in it I'll spend the money on it. No point stopping now......... :D

Yeah once i get to know more about turbo's how they run and how effects the engine and the stresses I can start to think of ways to do with my a12. I'v already come up with a compleatly new concept for engines unlike any ever made . I'll hopfuly get to work on it in the nxt 5 years. Im pritty sure It'll work :rolleyes:

We did a 14 with out a turbo.

Does any one know where i could get low compression pistons from 4 120y? or am i gunna have to make them? Im also gunna need double valve springs and titanium alloy retainers to stop the valve bounce.Where could i get these from?

what engine did you use for a 14.0?

Unless you plan on high revs you won't need double valve springs.. turbo engines don't need to rev like n/a engines for power but it's up to you.

oh it was a L20 turbo engine I saw..

here it is:

l20turbo5oo.jpg

That looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used the engine thats in it now a12 but minus the soundsystem. My grandad used to race 1200 and he pulled 14 30 years ago ( He's new zealands oldest wrx driver :lol: )

O yeah any news on that so called A20 I'v never hearda that