4G63 gear box price?

Guest redseven

Guest redseven

I got a quote (wreckers yard) for a Rwd gearbox, fly wheel, clutch (second hand) and drive shaft for $180 sound like a good price? I cant seem to find any others anywhere,

He also went on to say $100 if I do it myself, this car is in the mud and has 2 cars stacked on top of it, and he says "no worries just jack 'er up and slide 'er out" (fuck that).

Anyway $180 sound fair?

if i was after that many parts and was going to spend around 1-200 i'd buy a rusty sigma or lancer or something like that, would have everything you'd need plus you could sell off bits you don't. problem with this way is you need somewhere to keep it while you strip it.

cheers

Matt

Guest redseven
if i was after that many parts and was going to spend around 1-200 i'd buy a rusty sigma or lancer or something like that, would have everything you'd need plus you could sell off bits you don't. problem with this way is you need somewhere to keep it while you strip it.

cheers

Matt

Umm I already have one lol, its got an auto, and if I buy a fifth car that will put my gf over the edge!

sounds good to me.I paid $100 for just a box.

Pretty easy to tell if a box is in good condition tho, take it for a hard drive and if she aint maken any noise after then its sweet.You should be able to get a 30day warrenty.

those sigma boxes seem good too, havnt come across a shitty one yet!

sounds mean, makes me wish i had a car that's cheap for parts, my box cost me $500, and it was for a 4 series and not even a 2!

rock it in with a new output shaft seal and inout shaft seal too if you can be bothered, fill it with some DECENT oil of the correct grade, take it for a naff on the open road, give it shit etc so the gearbox heats up etc, should hear any noises and synchros should show their condition.

for the price, get a new clutch, pressure palte, and the two bearings. secondhand clutches are shit, i'd never use one