White smoke =?

Guest redseven

Guest redseven

I ve got a lot of white smoke comming out the rear end and slight bit of milk under the rocker cover cap (very little), the car went for a run so Im rulling out moisture from sitting, so I ripped the head off and the head gasket seemed ok, water gallaries seem ok (not rusted through) and the cylinder head was checked with a straigh edge and looked good,

any other suggestions?

if it's think creamy milk like mayo then oil is mixing with water. If it's just a little bit then probably nothing to worry about. However, if you stick you fingers in the oil cap hole and goup out a thick portion then you probably have a blown headgasket or a leak of some sort.

(I'm guessing it's not a Rx7 then?)

It helps to tell us what car you have.. if it is a turbo car and you're blowing clouds of white smoke that would make batman proud then gues what? turbo seals = fucked.

white smoke is a direct sign of a worn turbo, or one which is getting too much oil and it's passing through the seals. This would only happen if you had changed your oil feed and forgot the restrictor or something.

hope this helps.

can the gasket be fucked without any obvious visual marks or rips?

Yea man, once its been compressed, ie. tightened down, it cant be re-used..even if it looks alright.

You'll need a new one they're only like 40 bucks.

Or you could by low's whole engine for 50 I guess? haha...

Yeah a blew a head gasket on my 4G37. Except I had oil sludge in my radiator and no milky oil. When we pulled the head off, the head gasket looked ok. There will be no obvious signs, cause all it takes is a hairline crack in the head gasket to make it fail.

Buy a new headgasket for $30, or a whole new headset (comes with rocker cover seal, valve stem seals, both manifold gaskets, half moon plug etc for $80.

Guest redseven
Yeah sounds like head gasket leaking from not being replaced.

I have a mint condition 4G32 RWD that would bolt in you can have for 50 bucks if you pick it up. It;s carb floods a wee bit but you can just chuck your one on

Where are you?

I would snap that up but im in chch, I only want it to run to go for a warrent,

the 4g52 is what i want in there.