Turbo interchangability

Guest jomojojo

Guest jomojojo

any difference between turbos on FWD and RWD sirius/cyclone dash engines.

I have found an engine at a wreckers with no turbo but i hav access to a FWD TC06 for free if it will work. I guess i could just take the turbo out to the wreckers but im lazy :P

shouldnt do. FWD and RWD face different ways dont they, rwd engine = lying front to back, FWD left to right...

you could get a different manifold made. or maybe mess around and weld halve of the fwd and halve the rwd together?

simple answer is YES.

you will have to drill out the threads(and only the threads) on the turbo flange as the manifold already has the studs in it. next put the turbo in a vice and take the clamp off(exhaust side), and pull the turbo toward you. break the lug off and rotate the turbo so the oil ruturn is facing down so it can run straight to the sump. after you've done that remove the big circlip(intake side). i think there is a lug there also). and rotate the housing to the angle you desire(across the rocker cover if not intercooled or toward the drivers side gaurd if intercooled. the last thing you will have to do is grab an alternator bracket(or similar) and bolt it to the turbo housing so you can remount the waste gate actuator.